Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Eurotek Pro 8" -11"DD Bottlecap VIDs

beau61

Both coils were used with same setting, sens.at 7, vol.at 10 , and disc. at 4. Bottlecaps vid at 39 with the iron icon flashing useing the 8" coil and the signal broken.With the 11"DD the bottlecaps vid between 88-94,no icon flash,sounded like a good target, clear sharp signals,would be digging that target,wouldn't have been digging the signal from the 8" coil. Anyone else notice this difference ?

Yep, this is common on most detectors with DD vs concentric. Personally, I think the 10" elliptical is the best coil on the Eurotek Pro. DD feel with concentric ID! Nickel killer

I cannot honestly remember the last time i dug a bottlecap and i mean it must be years over here in the UK,i guess because i mainly hunt on
farm land rather than say beaches or parks as i guess those are the locations that you would find these caps,the biggest problem i have is with finding 12bore cartridge endcaps but i guess you would not find them on beaches or parks either.But you have to dig them as they are made from brass and many a decent find could be lost if you left them in the ground.

DetectingMO is right. You give up the disc with the DD's and pick up the disc with the concentrics. I always use the pinpoint to check the size of the "quarter" id and that usually will let you know it is a bottle cap. Another way is not to give the target a full swing. By only going an inch or two on both sides, you will hear a chirp and this is also an indication it is not a good target.

The ET is truly a nice machine to coin hunt with.
I really enjoy mine.

I like the VID numbers better with the 8" coil on bottlecaps,the park I hunt is over 100 yrs old and there is 100 years of bottlecaps in that park.