Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Eurotek pro as backup to my omega...

Silverbackbob

I'm thinking of adding a eurotek pro with 8 inch coil as a backup to my omega. Mainly because of the price and the fact that I can interchange the coils. Since I don't have an 8 inch concentric coil for my omega, I'm rationalizing that I'm really only spending about $120 for a backup detector since a new 8 inch coil is in the vicinity of $100. Hey, whatever works!! My grandkids are starting to show some interest and I figure the ET Pro is light enough and simple enough for them to start out with. What do you all think?? HH. Bob.

Set the Volume at 11, Disc at 0, run the Sensitivity as high as you can get away with, and cherry-pick those high tones to your heart's content. The adjustable iron volume is an awesome feature that all multi-tone detectors should have, and it will spoil you. You can run the ET Pro wide open in a total iron pit for hours and hours without audio fatigue.

The only cons, in my opinion: they can false a high-tone on bits of aluminum, bent rusty nails, big rusty iron, some pop tops. At least mine does, some times. And the pinpoint button is a weak sister. Mine has died and needs to go back to the factory for a replacement.

Sensitivity runs quieter at 8 without much if any depth loss compared to 10.

As kt said, the pinpoint button is weak, mine is bad also. Put the 5" coil on in heavy trash and it will surprise you (in a good way..lol).

Seems to me there are no faint whisper tones signifying a deep target, you either get a good tone or you don't.

cadman_us said:
Seems to me there are no faint whisper tones signifying a deep target, you either get a good tone or you don't.

I agree, the ET Pro won't whisper at you, it will either yell at you or stay silent. Cheap headphones work just fine because there are no faint signals, in my experience.

That model, of course, is the Omega. I also like the 8" Concentric coil on the Omega, and while it works okay on the Euro-Tek Pro, I actually found the 5" DD to be a nice coil to use on it as it is well suited for hunting in trashier conditions.

I liked the Euro-Tek Pro w/8" or 5" with the Sensitivity at 8 to 10, as long as it was stable, and the Volume at '13.' That gave me full audio on non-ferrous targets, but I like to know ferrous trash is close by and the '13' setting provided me ample iron audio, but not too loud.

I rely on quality headphones, regardless of the detector I-hand, but that's also to help my very impaired hearing.

If they only made an up-scale model with automated GB or even manual GB, similar to the Omega, then they would have an even better detector with its features.

Monte