Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Eurotek Pro at the old House site

bigolhorns

There were two houses here on about 3/4 acre that were built in the late 1800's. The city burned the houses last year and I have hunted here several times in the last year. Nails and iron are everywhere, a real nightmare. Iron grunts on every swing. The little guy performed very well. I only dug one deep nail. 6 wheat's, a 1940 Merc, buckle, lots of whatzit's and a lot of fun!

Very nice finds. I really like that Mercury Dime. :cheers:

I just recently found one of those 'whatzits' that's pictured in the lower left corner. I think it's a reins guide for horse tack.

tabman

Nice haul :thumbup:, I bet that Merc put a smile on your face when you pulled it out of the ground

Those are some real trophy finds in a mess like that! :clapping: Dedication to the location...good on ya! :thumbup:
Mud

This site is a nightmare. I can only stand it for a couple of hours. I have not found many coins here and the Merc was the first silver. I did find a 1898 nickle last year with my IDX with a 6" coil. As good as the IDX is in iron I think the Eurotek might be better.

Ha! I hear you about a chattery mess! :rofl: Good gosh, that's one of those sites a guy approaches when he's fresh and ready for a fight!
Its the old "theres gotta be a pony in here somewhere" type of thinking...real tough duty no matter what...funny thing, I like to warm up for something like that by spending 10 minutes in a chip totter early in the am, all jacked up on caffeine just as the sun is coming up, banging pennys, zipper tabs and pencil ends and looking for a fight!...those kind of spots require such a tremendous amount of concentration, I don't know how a guy could do it effectively in one shot.....keep us posted on this one, and good luck!:thumbup:.
Mud

Fun is a good thing

Yes, 8"' coil. I'm going to buy a second Eurotek with the 11" very soon.

The Eurotek Pro is a very good performer in the iron.

Went back yesterday this time with my other ET with the 11" DD coil. The 11" is MUCH better in the trash then the 8". Found the normal whatzit's . A really cool old plane made from stamped copper, 1920 Merc. 16 wheat pennies and a brass spigot. This site is some tuff detecting 6 or seven iron wits on each swing. I did go from volume 11 to 10 because my brain couldn't handle anymore iron sounds. The ET ran very smooth with the volume at 10 and sens. @ 6. This machine is so much fun!!