Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Eurotek Pro with 5" DD coil

Furious T

Hi All, I took the ET Pro out today with the 5" DD coil attached. Same area I have taken it to before when I made my prior posts. I wasn't sure what to expect...I reduced the sensitivity to 6, but ran the disc on zero. Hunted for about 2 and a quarter hours....found 43 coins, 30 of them were our ( Aussie) 1c and 2c coins. 8 of them were our pre-decimal coins, 4 copper and 4 silver, including a florin at over 4". I found that with the small coil I was able to identify non-iron and isolate the better finds more quickly. None of the coins were super deep, but all gave good signals on the Eurotek. The combination with the small DD coil is terrific. Certainly the one to use in really trashy ground. HH, Pete.

Thanks for the write up Pete, I am pretty sure that the delivery truck is dropping me off a Eurotek Pro with a 8" and 5" coil this Monday. Glad to hear the little coil works so well, the wife has got a Eurotek Pro with the 8" and 11" DD coil and after giving it a try I had to get one for myself, good little detector.

And I'm sure you'll love it. I dug 2 bottle caps (steel), but I was pretty sure that they were bottle caps before I dug (there are times when you have to find out for sure). This particular area, not large (about 30 yards x 30 yards) was given a going over last weekend by myself and my detecting mate, who has a CTX, and he doesn't miss much. I was surprised at the number of coins I dug, and the small coil allowed me to identify and dig a whole lot faster than the 8" coil under the same conditions....i.e. lots of trash. I still dug a fair amount of trash (lots of aluminium screw caps) but in a relatively short time dug (for me) a good number of coins. I'm sure you'll be happy with it Steve...just dont let your wife get near the small coil, or she'll clean up while you're still identifying your 3rd target with a larger coil:lol:

I love my Euro pro with the 5 inch. It does a great job in separation in the trash. This unit travels with me all the time as I keep it in the car for those times when I catch the street dept. tearing up sidewalks. Those guys are so quick in their prep work that I've missed too many opportunities. The Euro is the real deal for me in this situation.

Thanks for your post Pete! The 5 incher is the way to go in trash.