Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Eurotek Pro with Concentric Coil

Miser67

With the concentric coil on the detector, how high to you need to set discrimination before bottlecaps begin to given a broken sound?

I don't have a Eurotek but detectors from the same make (First Texas). Wouldn't the concentric coil ignore most bottle caps outright ? Granted my concentric is not the same as yours I think but the outcome should be similar. Bottle caps are never a problem with the stock concentric on my F5.

If I'd want to discriminate bottle caps when I put a DD coil on, I'd have to set discrimination quite high as most bottle caps will read in the seventies or eighties.

Hi DFMike. I wasn't sure. Most units with concentric coils do pretty well once you set your discrimination just above iron, but I was not certain that would apply in every case.

I used the exact detector coil combo your asking about and it did great I didn't dig the first bottle cap. The only downside to this setup is it hurts the separation speed compared to using the DD coil.

I did not use any disc on the eurotek. Just learn the VDI number for the screwcaps and keep on trucking

Set Disc to 40 and it will ignore bottlecaps if you use the round coil. The ETP with the 8 inch round coil is one of the best when it comes to bottlecap rejection.

If you ever use the 11" DD coil bottlecaps show up with a much higher VDI number. If the VDI bounces from a high number to a low it is a bottlecap most of the time. Run Disc at 0 to be able to hear the Iron sound.

Andy in Germany