Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Eurotek Pro

cadman_us

Just received the Eurotek Pro with the 8" coil from Bart at Big Boys Hobbies. Hard to believe there was a detector in the small box.

Put it together with the 8" coil and a new 9 volt battery, went out to my test garden and tried the 8" deep clad quarter. Sensitivity was on 10 and volume was on 12 and disc set at 00. The Eurotek hit the quarter from all sides, same results on the 6" clad dime and 6" nickel. My soil is pretty mild.

Have to go to the Dentist right now, will try to do some air testing later today. I have the 11" and 5" DD and 10" elliptical and also the NEL sharpshooter for my Omega, hopefully will be able to do some comparisons.

Can't wait to see what it does in the field.

Included a pic of the box, with bill on it for scale.

Settings: Sensitivity on 10 and volume on 12 and disc set at 00. Tested out in yard to try and reduce EMI. The 11" DD coil was a little chatty.

Results of air test:

8" coil
Wheat Penny______8 1/4"
Clad Dime________9 1/4"
Nickel___________ 10"
Clad Quarter______11"
Franklin Half______11"

11" DD coil
Wheat Penny______9 1/2"
Clad Dime________10"
Nickel___________ 10 1/2"
Clad Quarter______11 1/2"
Franklin Half______12"

Air tests are just to give you a starting point, real dirt may/will be different.

VID numbers:
Wheat Penny______81-82
Clad Dime________83-84
Nickel___________ 56-57
Clad Quarter______89-90
Franklin Half______97-98

(VID numbers taken about 4" from coil.)

Air test results for NEL coil: (same settings as before)

9 1/2" x 5 1/2" Nel Sharpshooter coil
Wheat Penny______6"
Clad Dime________5 3/4"
Nickel___________ 6 1/2"
Clad Quarter______6 1/4"
Franklin Half______6 1/2"

This coil never has impressed me much.

Thanks for the information. I received my Eurotek Pro a few days ago and finally got it out yesterday. I was definitely impressed with this little detector. My test garden is five years old and it out performed my F5 on depth and consistent readings., Only random days will my F5 hit the 8" dime, and it's not necessarily a signal I would dig in the field, unlike the Eurotek. The real test will be out in the field though. I also noticed it uses the same frequency of the F5.

Here is gone Huntings review on it! Great machine for sure!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=XhNMj-sOzbI