Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Eurotek Pro

donl98632

Been considering a Eurotek Pro, but it seems that all of a sudden there is no talk about this detector. Would love to hear from a few users, or are you trying to keep it a secret?.

I have been considering one also!

One of the very good lower priced detectors, with a longer learning curve. The eurotec pro with the 5" coil will amaze you once you truly learn the detector, it's a great trash hunter with good depth.

Steve missouri said:
One of the very good lower priced detectors, with a longer learning curve. The eurotec pro with the 5" coil will amaze you once you truly learn the detector, it's a great trash hunter with good depth.

Steve, are you talking about the 5x10 coil?

How is the 11" in iron infested sites?

Smokey: I was talking about the round 5" dd coil in trash sites, the 11" ddcoil in less trashy sites in missouri (low minerals, good soil in most areas) have found clad dime at 9" clad quater at 11" when the soil was damp. Have not used the 5x10, yet will use it this spring Steve.

Thanks Steve!

Don,
I love my ETPRO.

I like the tone ID arrangement. Low tone for Iron, VCO tone for low and mid range conductors and a high tone for coins (although I dislike zinc cents giving a high tone)

The iron volume adjustment is the cat's meow. Unheard of feature on a $200 dollar machine. :thumbup:

The expanded iron range resolution is very good for a $200 machine. With the 5x10 coil on mine, with the sensitvity at 6, I get very little iron falsing. 7 isn't too bad either but then I get more ground feedback and more iron response. Just depends on the site. I've tried hunting at 8 but lost resolution so in my ground I tend to keep it around 6. I lose depth but I keep the resolution I'm looking for.

The Iron LED is excellent.

You just have to watch it and not overdrive the sensitivity for your area.

I mostly use it with the 11" DD and the 5x10" DD. I haven't put the 5" DD on it yet but probably will. ( I like DD coils) :)

My ground is strong ( on the Eurotek Pro my ground pinpoints as if it was a target 4" to 5" deep) so I don't get any real depth with it (can't run it at a high sensitivity) but does good for me down to about 5 or 6 inches or so. Those that have milder ground get better depth.

It already has a wide range of accessory coils available for it, both OEM and aftermarket. I also like the fact that all my F5 coils work with it.

Its the best $200 machine on the market today.

Maybe that will help

HH
Mike

Thanks to everyone for the feedback, especially to Mike Hillis for the specifics of what works in your ground. I live in SW Washington and the ground here is pretty hot. My only concern was that the pro has fixed ground balance. Think I will go ahead and get one, am 71 and this would make a nice light unit for the days my shoulder is not up to a heavy detector, plus pretty much a turn and go unit. Thanks Don.

What kind of depth on relic type stuff? Minnie? Yankee General Sevice Button?

I've been thinking of picking up one for the trashy areas with a small coil but use the 11" mostly to locate the areas of trash.

Mike: The 5" DD coil on the ETpro is amazing in trash, being in central Missouri I have fairly good soil to hunt in. The ETpro is the best trash hunter I have ever used, Followed by the F-5 and then the MXT pro, the blinking iron ID gives it the edge in trash. Depth on this coil here is about 8" in fairly dry soil, will find out what it does in damp soil this spring. Went in to a heavy trash area last year that I and several other hunters have hunted some, many others have avoided, found around 36 00 in clad two silver rosies, several rings 2 silver most junk, this was in a 3x20 ft area. I agree that the Eurotech pro is is a real sleeper, and one of the best bargins out there, (it probally helps that I have nearly a complete set of coils for it,several I have not tried yet). Looking forward to this spring. Steve

I'm astounded it sells for the price it does yet has the features (including the iron ID/volume one that is really unique) and power in pricier machines. Yet another plus is that the ton of coils for other Fisher and Tek machines work on it too (exception of T2, F75, F70 etc.)

The Eurotek sniffs the good stuff from the midst of iron with great accuracy. I did some iron & high conductor tests that made me wonder why Teknetics is selling it so cheap! I'm sure they've got their reasons. The Eurotek sure blows other machines in the same price range (that I've played with) out of the water.

I picked up an ETP DD this weekend got some $ for Christmas. Can't use it yet as there is snow on the ground. Sure is feather light and am looking forward to using it as part of my treasure hunting strategery...HH..