Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Evening of cool and unusual finds

mapper65

Tonight we went to a park that we had been to a few years ago and had no luck. I think the last time we were their my Mom found a quarter and that was the only coin. The ground was terrible and no matter which coil we used we just couldn't find anything. Tonight we decided to go with the digger coils being that we didn't own them the last time we were there so we thought maybe that was the key to finding stuff at this park.

Within ten minutes I found a men's 925 ring that has turtles on it. A short time later i found my first presidential dollar a 2011 Andrew Johnson. I'd found Susan B. Anthony last year but this was my first presidential dollar. I would have expected to find silver before one of those but I'm glad to have it.

I found a dollar in quarters, some pennies and I found my first pocket spill of three pennies that someone had placed on the nearby railroad tracks and must have lost them before they left the park. When I first swiped across them I would have guessed a penny pocket spill but was surprised to see the flattened pennies. We used to do that when we were kids so I knew exactly what there were as soon as they flipped out of the plug.

My Mom found 9 coins most of which were pennies and as hard as she tried to find her fourth quarter it got dark on us and we had to leave. This is a pretty big park that they have fairs and car shows at. We found out we weren't even near where they have the car shows so I would expect that we will hit that area next. It's amazing the difference a coil can make.

That's one of my "somedays" also, a nice ring! WTG on the dollar also. I left an update on the V nickels on my other posting, check it out.

Well you know what I like.....cool ring! That's a ring you would think to find at the beach, or are they gopher turtles?! lol
As kids we used to do the coin on the track thing, I had a quarter that looked the size of a silver dollar when it got smashed....most likely silver too, but I don't know where it is?
That area will pay of well for you guys I bet. GL