Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

ever just go and cherry pick quarters?

olemudface

i remember finding a 101 quarters cherry picking this school yard for 7 hours 11 at night to 6 am in the morning and only finding 1 silver quarter,the old timers must of cherry picked the silver out of this achool yard in the early to late 70s because the quarters i was finding was from the 80s and up, the silver quarter was a standing liberty so that was proof there was silver in this ground,Its hard to do schools now a days since the school shootings:starwars:,who agrees?I did go back and retreived probaby over 1000 clad dimes.:clapping:

Yeah! I really enjoy those types of hunts where you really get into good solid shallow targets, multiple hits per swing, coins galore...stacks, spills, like a feeding frenzy!
It happens about once or twice per year for me generally in a schoolyard sportsfield, or behind and out of sight playground... where you really find some sort of spot just loaded that hasn't seen a coil in 20 years. That's where the screwdriver coin popping trick really shines, a fellow has to get from ping to pouch in less than 10 sec to really clear it out. If our Q's were dollar coins, it would be wonderful.
Mud

I've hunted a few places that were cherry picked.. I was finding dime nickels and pennies mostly.

but remember that no quarters does not mean cherry picked. Some kids do not have quarters to lose.

MDing since 12/06 I've dug 5,339 quarters to date....The beach is my main source for large shinny quarter counts,especially behind the beach bars....Prime time is now,"Drunk Spring Breakers"....$15 in quarters is not uncommon on Monday mornings...Love that sugar sand,If you don't see it drop...Its gone!! HH GL

If they get rid of the paper dollar (which they should have already) and start using dollar coins then we could start finding those in quantities! Heck 10-20 of those in a day would be nice even if you didn't find anything else.

Justin

The 1 pound coin is really heavy and if you have a pocket full on them, you know it! also, they will wear your pockets out very quickly and down in the grass/sand/dirt they'll go!! I believe they are worth around $1.50 ish? From a practical point, I'd like to see the $1 note stay around but from a metal detectorist's point of view, bring on the coins!!!:clapping:

[/

YOU guys got me beat,I usually hit all the quarters first wherever i am at,after it slows down,then i set for deeper coins and go for silver,the clean up is then going very slow for rings and jewelry.The best day for me was in the 60's,at a mega ball park,probably 9 ball fields and a soccer field.Concession stand is configured in the center of the complex,just follow the trails,...kind of like "chicken pickin up corn"..LOL