Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Ever notice?

B.T

How nativity scenes have the 3 wise men around the manger and yet the Bible tells of them visiting Christ as a child,not a baby, in his home/house at a later date? Just the shepherds at the manger!
How people put little female angels on their trees but the only reference to angles in the Bible are of males? Not one reference to female angels!
How people call Santa Father Christmas and are actually calling a mythical being the Father of Christ?
How Santa knows all that we do and has omniscience, people teach kids that, yet it is according to the Bible only God who knows all?
How Christmas is the biggest religious celebration by believers and yet it is not recorded anywhere by the followers in Acts or anywhere else?
Teaches and promotes gluttony, covetousness, lying, falsehood etc all in the name of Christ who actually taught the opposite of these things?
Doesn't seem right to me now matter what colour paper its wrapped up in!
I believe but not in all that.
Celebrate His being, but do it in Truth.

Have you been harmed some how by the way that "some" people celebrate Christmas ??? If so you can ignore "them" and celebrate Christmas your own way. When you were a child did you have any imagination ??? When you were a child were you slighted in some way ?? I ask these questions because you come across as being a very bitter man who has been harmed in some way attached to Christmas. I have an idea. Let's put Christmas under a microscope and utterly destroy any pleasure any one may derive from it. Either that or we could relax and allow Christ to discern each individual heart. I agree with you that Christmas has become a Commercialized fiasco and has sapped the true meaning of Christmas from the Reason for the Season. But then again that is why the folks here and elsewhere are "CHRISTIAN"S" I believe in the Father the Almighty. The Maker of Heaven and Earth. Of ALL things. Seen and Unseen. He is Lord and EVERY knee shall bow and every heart confess that Jesus Christ is Lord. !!!!!!!! I believe in the Christ of the Bible not of WalMart. I hope and pray that before you continue trying to spread your "rational" that you stop and allow Jesus to be Lord. Not you. To do otherwise will prove futile and counterproductive to your efforts. I hope you pray about it. PEACE:RONB

I'm currently reading Babylon Mystery Religion Ancient and Modern a book by Ralph Woodrow that has some VERY interesting insights into a lot of the "traditions" practiced by the Christian religions and more pointedly about their relationship to the Catholic church. It is well worth reading and promotes some serious thoughts about the traditions of various holidays.

Mark

as a child I set out cookies and milk , each year they were gone in the morning!!
The Bible also doesn't say what day he was born. If I remember correctly most scholars believe he was born in August.
Next August lets sing some Christmas carols
I'm dreaming of a hot Christmas
Hot dogs roasting on an open fire
Lets go swimming, lets go swimming, lets go swimming

Greg

Wish this forum had a "LIKE" button like Facebook does! I'd definitely "LIKE" your post, Greg. :) :thumbup:

Lisa

Welcome BT to the forum...but I am not sure what you really mean??? Do you mean you will celebrate Christ and the truth about His virgin birth but not all the commercialized stuff that goes with it now days...in other words you don't like what is being said about most of Christmas with santa which slants the truth of the Bible about Jesus and Who He really is? Remember, that most of Christmas represents the love of God for us by His giving His only begotten Son for us and; therefore, because He loves us soooo much we show that love to others by giving them gifts at Christmas which is the day we celebrate Christ's birth although He was probably born earlier in the year while the poor shepherds watched o'er their sheep at night! Christ came by humble birth and the angels appeared before them first to tell of the good news that a Savior was born that night and they could see Him in an animal's stable instead of in Bethlehem's town's Inn, which was more befitting for a King and Jesus was born King of the Jews and died as King of the Jews! The wise men from the East followerd the Star in the East and did take them a long time to see Jesus, who was a child of about the age of two by then, and that is why King Herod (being jealous of someone born a king) had the Israelite children of age two and under killed...by trying to get rid of Jesus....but Joseph given a dream by God took Mary and the child and fled to Egypt!

Yes, songs have been written with the wrong information, and for the greediness for money Christmas has really been commercialized, but God's Word is still true and that cannot be taken away no matter what is said or when it is done, as our Lord Jesus is King of kings and Lord of lords and He lives and reigns forever! Amen! Celebrate Christmas the way you want to and be glad in it that we have a blessed Savior, Who saves the souls of repentant sinners for having eternal life! Praise God from Whom all blessings flow! Amen! :angel: Ma Betty

n/t

little kids. We adults celebrate the birth of Jesus Christ our Saviour. Those who display for profit will do anything for attention and bux.

I'm tring to understand what your saying, as some have already stated.
The referance of Jesus as a Child and not a baby is puzzling?

Matt 1:6 Now the birth of Jesus Christ was on this wise: When as his mother Mary was
espoused to Joseph, before they came together, she was found with child of the Holy Ghost.

Baby, child? hello!
you have to remember that each author is writing about the birth of Jesus from his point of view.
And we can't say such a thing as there are no female angels?
Hebrews 13:2 Be not forgetful to entertain strangers: for thereby many have entertained angels unawares.

yes some parts of Christmas are pegan, but We as Christians know that its about the birth of our Lord and
Savior Jesus.
Oh and by the way, CHRIST is'nt Jesus' last name.
Sunday isn't the sabbath.
shepards weren't male they where female.
and so on ,and so, on! Get the point?

Merry Christmas and try to enjoy this wonderful season.

Scholars may be right about Jesus' birth but I have every reason to believe He was actually born during or shortly after harvest time, which would have been sometime between September or October in Israel. He was NOT born on December 25 by any stretch of the imagination and 'mohayes1046' is right about holidays celebrated, in the Christian church as stated in ' Babylon Mystery Religion Ancient and Modern '. If anyone were to question that, please read Fox's Book of Martyrs. I have a copy I'd be happy to share. Below are two others who have read Babylon Mystery Religion Ancient and Modern and their response to it, as shown on Amazon.Com...

***************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
Religious Fraud _ _ _ Past and Present, May 8, 1999
By A Customer
This review is from: Babylon, Mystery Religion: Ancient and Modern (Paperback)
It greatly disturbs me having seen this book removed from print. It was most influential in my Christian development from a Catholic background [a devout one at that] when I first read it 18 years ago. Since then, I have read and studied many other references and books all pointing to the same conclusions that were found in "Babylon Mystery Religion". What is to be said of "Fox's Book of Martyrs" [of which I have a 1926 edition - which reads quite differently from modern versions], "Fifty Years in the Church of Rome", or "Smokescreens" just to name a few. There is a lot of other material available that validates what Ralph Woodrow initially presented in his book. I must state I have nothing against Catholics, themselves, but do find that the Church itself is in great error. For those who are seeking truth - pray. God will lead you to the truth if your heart truly desires it.

This review is from: Babylon, Mystery Religion: Ancient and Modern (Paperback)
This very accurate and revealing book has enlightened more Christians about the catholic church than any other book of its kind. Besides Hislops "Two Babylons" no other book is more censured by catholic proponents. It unveils the origin of the universal church and how paganism became mixed with Christianity. It addresses the inquisitions and begins to reveal the err of many of the church's traditions, doctrines and rituals as compared to sound biblical teachings. In short it is concise, revealing and factual backed up with extensive footnotes and resources. A must read for both catholics and non-catholics alike.

St Nicholas day is the 6Th of December so why is he Santa on Christmas day?
Santa Claus is generally depicted as a plump, jolly, white-bearded man wearing a red coat with white collar and cuffs, white-cuffed red trousers, and black leather belt and boots . Not any more we have tall skinny ones with glasses and any thing in between even beardless women.Today Xmas day can be what ever suits you. With Global warming it will be fitting to wear speedos' and thongs.

Welcome to the forum Wally and so you are a friend of AL Gore by believing in global warming which has been proven false by others!!!! Nature has been set on course by our Heavenly Father and it changes every so often and then we have very cold spells again and then hot spells again.....I believe that God created all things and nature is one of them which He allows but also controls! May God Bless! Amen! :angel: Ma Betty

The global warming is the reason for the change in the World weather in as much as the weather is not coming from the poles it is coming from the Equator. Global warming is not new it started from the Ice age .Long before god.
Cheers Wally

Merry Christmas!!

Two Thoughts:

There actually was a ' Saint Nicolas ' (who did not depict the present day Santa in any way other than he ' did ' wear a long read coat) who went about handing out home-made toys to children in orphanages hundreds of years ago.

and Wally's statement "The global warming is the reason for the change in the World weather in as much as the weather is not coming from the poles it is coming from the Equator. Global warming is not new it started from the Ice age .Long before god."

God ' did ' create the heavens and the earth. So how could global warming and the last ice age have happened " long before god "?

My two cents................