Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Ever open your tumbler and find PINK quarters or dimes ??????

Donna(NJ

Its happened to me on many occasions. I have 4 buckets going down my staircase to the basement. I sort after every hunt.
Somehow a penny got mixed in the silver clad.
I used lime juice and all went back to normal.

This time, I couldnt find a penny and checked all the quarters and all looked good. So I added lime juice
and next morning still PINK. I was scratching my head. I went through the coins one more time and found a quarter had separated
exposing the copper core. One more time......Still came out PINK. I couldnt understand as this process worked in the past.

Problem was I was using stainless steel shot which is my final polish & clean.

The trick is use aquarium gravel as its more course, A good 24 hour spin or 48 hours depending on how PINK your coins were.

Friend said he gave up and just dumped in Coinstar.... another option.

I like to give my coins a fresh new start, sending them backout in the world as shiney and new as possible.

To each his own but just in case, here's the solution.

HH
Donna(NJ)

Yep I just cleaned a ton $50.00 worth and had two wheats in there by accident I took them out and ran them again with some CLR remover and they’re clean again I use a mixture of stainless steel shot on eBay works great
Mark

Yep I just cleaned a ton $50.00 worth and had two wheats in there by accident I took them out and ran them again with some CLR remover and they’re clean again I use a mixture of stainless steel shot on eBay works great
Mark
I just started using CLR and it really works great for cleaning coins. I use stainless steel shot and lime juice to give them a nice, clean as new, polish.

HH
Donna(NJ)

I have found quarters in mulch that are pink sometimes.
I have never had one turn pink while tumbling, but I only try to get all the dirt off of them along with a little polishing.. some turn out nice while others I feel would wear down to nothing before they appeared normal again.
At the end of the year, I count them all up, roll them, and take them to the bank… have never had any issues.

I just started using CLR and it really works great for cleaning coins. I use stainless steel shot and lime juice to give them a nice, clean as new, polish.

HH
Donna(NJ)
That’s the way I do mine the stainless steel shot works great you can get a mix of different shapes all in one
Mark

I figured being pink was just girly thing….😂

Dawn dish detergent and crusher fines works just fine for my stuff , add a little vinegar every now and then and about 5 or 6 hours and they're clean enough to go back into circulation. The banks here won't take them if they're rolled anymore so I just dump them in the bank coin machine. No fee.

I had the same thing happen to me where my coin ( clad ) was coming out pink. I use vinegar and of salt, with stainless, tumble 30 minutes and they are done. ((Well somehow I got a copper bullet in the mix and everything was pink.)) I found the copper bullet in the mix took it out, and now it all works Great.