Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Everyone should have at least one .

Dang

Hi! I really owned only one detector that i really enjoyed using more than any other i had and that was my Bandido ll uMax. Simple and effective.
I traded mine for a whites... than traded that for a teknetics and traded that for another Bandido. I always regretted trading it. Never again.

The question is: If need be---Where you going to get it repaired at??
Dang said:
Hi! I really owned only one detector that i really enjoyed using more than any other i had and that was my Bandido ll uMax. Simple and effective.
I traded mine for a whites... than traded that for a teknetics and traded that for another Bandido. I always regretted trading it. Never again.

I too, am a big fan of the Bandido ll Umax. I now have two really nice ones. The one that I just bought is basically a brand new one. The guy that I got it from bought it in March, 2000. He still had the original sales slip from Metal Detectors of Minneapolis. He bought it to locate some survey stakes on his property. He used it a few times and then put it away in the box, where it has been ever since, until I bought it from him.

I am 73 years old, and so I really appreciate the light weight and balance of the Tesoros. I can go all day without my back giving out. With my other detectors, after an hour or so, my back is killing me.

I set the discrimination knob right on the "L" on foil and dig everything that gives a good signal, but I like to play a game where I thumb the discrimination knob and try to guess what target is. I have gotten to where I can usually tell what the target is just as accurately as my detectors that have a screen. Once you learn where certain targets discriminate out on the Tesoros, it is amazing how accurate their discrimination actually is.

After using my Tesoros with their single tone, I have gotten to where I hate the tone ID on my other detectors. If I am in an area where there is a lot of trash or electrical interference, tone ID drives me crazy with its random beeps and numbers on the screen all over the place.

So when I go out metal detecting, the machine that I usually take is one of my Tesoros. If it is raining or looks like it might rain, I will take my Whites MX5, since it is more water resistant than the Tesoros.

Dang said:

This takes me back to a club member who used to complain after every rally about how his detectors weren't finding him much.He always without fail used to say "i wish i still had my Bandido....never used to miss anything".....makes me chuckle everytime i think about it.

Druid said:
Let's hope one of the Tesoro technicians is an enterprising sort...

That would be great Druid but I just don't think that's going to be happening . Tesoro hasn't said a word . I've lost faith in them . I think they are quietly sneaking out the back door . Have a Happy New Year Drew and all reading this .

A Bandido 2 μMax with a Clean Sweep coil will clear out the first 6" of a ball field faster than pretty much anything made. Throw a concentric on it and you have a darn good all-around machine that's light weight and travels easy. I'll never part with mine. For those worried about repairs Keith Wills works on them. That's in the unlikely event they ever need fixed.

I don't think that there will be an official statement about the company as long as their dealers still have machines in stock. To announce their complete shutting down would harm the dealers trying to sell their remaining stock.

East Texas Metal Detectors (broken detectors.com) Keith Wills has, will, and can fix Tesoros and has for years.