Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Excal 1000 and Platinum

Excal1

Has anyone had a problem getting a signal on platinum? I checked my Excal 1000 with a platinum ring and could not get a signal until I got it to the top of the sand. Was checking with a string tied to the ring (of course tied very tight) and started with it about 6" down in wet sand and then pulled it slowly. Nothing until it got to the top. Is this normal? My machine is a year and half old and everything else works great. Thanks for your replies.
Hey, GulfHunter you out there? Did you ever put the other headphones on your excalibur?

n/t

What were your settings? Were you using any discrimination? What was your sensitivity setting? I have found over 10 Platinum Rings from small to large with my Sov GT so I would think that the Excal shouldn't have any trouble with them either. Since you had the ring on edge I would suspect that was part of your problem since any target on edge is very difficult to detect for any machine. If the ring had been flat you might have had less trouble detecting it. But pulling it up through the sand on a piece of string ther ring would have been on edge and that alone would have made it tough to detect. JMHO

HH

Beachcomber

i found a plat dia ring this summer and had no problem finding it. It did have a different tone than gold, a bit higher, thought it was another stupid pull tab.

Hey Excal, yeah I'm here! Never found a PT ring yet, but am hopeful for the future! As for Gray Ghost Underwaters, I have 3 sets now, installed by Minelab on the 1000 and both 800s. I LOVE THEM! Excellent warranty by Detector Pro on the product too. Had excellent service out of them. They are a touch more trebly, but tones are clearer and sharper, easier to hear, as there is less wind noise and they are more comfortable too. Much more good, then bad, savvy?

Read Gulf hunters setting for the Excal. it will help you allot, it helped me. However, the only thing that I do different is I keep the threshold just at a SLIGHT buzz and that's because when I approach an area that had allot of iron deposits I sometimes find gold there(like yesterday) and lead weights, the Excal tells me to slow down and it works for me. I found a Platinum ring yesterday and it rang in the silver tone (big surprise for me) Good luck and check out Gulf Hunters post.

Bill

I officially retract my silent threshold setting. Gone back to the barely audible. It is the only way I can tell when the unit is dealing well with the ground. Changing has helped considerably. Best of luck out there mate! LOVE THAT PT!