Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Excal 2 Question

Acornhead

I've hit a local beach on Lake Erie, and when I hunt there, the Excal 2 will null out, in other words they'll be no thresh hold for most of the time as I'm searching. If I stop the thresh hold comes back. I do pick up targets, but I don't remember the thresh hold doing that at this site before. I have the Sens at 5-6 and discrimination at 1. Does this mean there's lots of iron at the site? Am I missing targets? Hopefully the machine is still working right. This is obviously fresh water. Des in Buffalo

I search with my sensitivity in auto most of the time on the beach. mostly because the sand is not consistently just sand. there is rocks and iron oxide lava underneath.

Sounds like you have rusted iron under the coil, that is normal. listen for any blips or tones while hunting then dig them up to see what they are, the good targets will be nulling because of the iron but may also hit as coil swings by. HH

switch to PP and check for a target. The Xcal is a slow recovery detector so you may need to slow down. I hunt in PP .... full sensitivity, little falsing per sa, and no long nulls because there isnt any processing.... it just tells you somethings there. The iron masking setting on the Xcal makes it really HATE iron..... its a shame they havent uped the processor.

Dew

Dumb question but have you tried emptying out the coil cover? When I had mine I found that sand and junk would get in the coil cover and just slide around when swinging which would make the machine false and such. Just an idea...