Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Excal coil question....:shrug:

tomtowns

I'm probably getting ahead of myself here as I don't have my future detector yet, but I seen an Excal on ebay that had waterproof connectors and a WOT & standrd 10" coil. Does anybody know which series of coils would work...any of the ones made for the Sovereign is what I'm thinking???

Any of the coils made for the Sovereign will work on the Excalibur. The only exception would be the Coinsearch as they will work, but are not waterproof for using in the water. Also you will have to buy waterproof connectors for any coils you want to use and have the ones for the Sovereign taken off and these put on as they will not fit from the Sovereign to the Excalibur's as these are hardwired from Minelab on the Excalibur's and these waterproof connectors are after markets.

And would you think they could hold up down to about 30'...Also do you think that if I bought a "NEW" Excal, that Minelab would do the Mod. & still carry the warranty? Or would it be voided out???

They will do the mod, but kiss your warranty goodby. Been there and asked that. Decided to leave it stock with the 1000, to maintain the warranty. It's working just fine as is!