Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Excal discrimantion knob

hipshote28

Just a quick note my discrimanation know went south the stop onthe inside of housing i guess slipped or broke but lost all pull tabs an screw caps an gold nothing .But clad still sounds but fuzzy i scanned a screw cap bent over it did not sound but minelab was quick to say get here dick was easy to deal with in vegas so its going wens an summer is still not over darn it .Just check your machines .

I ordered a spare knob and yellow cover (about $5 each from Kellyco) when I ordered my machine, all it takes is a 1/4 THIN driver to install. I use the Klein 10 in 1 screwdriver. HH Joe...

Yea i know that but it quit working it want stop turning it just goes around n around like clock somthins enternal broke crazy i popped the cap an made sure it was tight .

I thinkits internal in the tube i was at lake an it stopped scanning lost all pulltabs an old somthing inside the housing has broke i checked the knobs i've got it boxed up put in mail today thanks james

Dadgummit!! First Ike coming to ruin our weekend and now this!! I hope Dick Shultz at Minelab gets you fixed up right away and get's your baby back to you quick!!! I'm hoping Ike slows down or turns or something cuz I need to get back in the water. I got my Anderson over and under straight shaft in and I'm itching to try it out, sure puts the Excal in a nice balance. That S shaft nearly wore me out last Saturday. If Ike skips us, I'll be at the Hollow Sat. and I've got an extra machine or four if you want to use one.

Sorry to hear about your Excal problem. Before I bought mine, many people were talking about knob problems. That is why I set it and leave it alone. The only knob I move is the on/off one. Just my humble opinion. HH Gayle
BCD with an Excal>>>>>>>> DEADLY

I got it figured out loose screw on knob athank goodness with some help of ya'll an dick at mine lab took it to work an finally had some time to look at it more an good to go .
Gayle are you going to leave houston if ya need a place to store somthing i'm open if you have to split do to storm got room fro pets in yard .
The city of waco my job went in to hurricane mode today setting up evac centers an cots at 3 different places hollar if need a place james

Excellent!! Problem solved!!
Mine showed up with all the knobs loose and one actually broke into pieces when I turned it. Thanx to Dick Schultz of Minelabs expertise, I tightened up the remaining four and he sent me a set of new knobs, all have been replaced, don't want another one exploding in the middle of a hunt!! My 800 will be going into the factory for a tune-up after the season is over. It's a 6 yr. old machine and I'm willing to bet it's never been in for a checkup.

Here is the ticket
Get them from Radio Shack for about a 2 Dollars a pack of 2
And they are metal inside and strong, NOT PLASTIC inside :(
Same set screw and built to last, click picture to enlarge :D

Thank you sire made a print out have to check into that can't let my dog stay down for long might get lazy on me can'thave that