Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Excal End Caps

surfman

Looking for the double end cap to do the remote pinpoint mod. Minelab doesn't sell them. Anybody have anything they could let go of? Really don't want to send it down to Kellyco to get it done.

I know this is a late reply but OBN will be starting production again as soon as his hunt season ends.
You may want to message him.
His appear to be pretty nice stuff, lathe turned etc.

I am modding an old headphone cap into a dual connector cap and will be posting a how-to pretty soon.
(Waiting on the PG7 thread tap right now)
Honestly though, if I had the time to wait, I would buy the one from OBN.

There is also a guy on ebay offering the dual end caps but his ebay rating is terrible at 64 percent.
I decided not to chance ordering from him after reading the more recent reviews regarding merchandise not received and bad communications.

The problem with modding a standard headphone end cap into a two plug end cap is the cost of the tap needed for the PG7 metric threads.
A 1/2 -20 NF tap might work since it is very close to the PG7, and because the nylon threads leave a tiny bit of room for error.
Oh, and a metric drill bit to go with the PG7 tap .........

Thanks Hopster but I got it all done a while back. Obn was able to help me out.

Hi
you can make a double mod fashion headphone connector + remote pinpointer.
setting 4 pin waterproof connector IP68 cork to headphones
http://www.ebay.com/itm/252036435664

Thanks Rusian,
I have one ordered on Oct 16 and one on Oct 23, both from you.
Still waiting .......
(You are Stavrscoops , right ? )
Thanks,
Dan