Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Excal II Battery Pack

Like everyone else I have got the 10 NiMH rechargeable cells....1000 mAh…..13V when fully charged... So where can I get a tester that will give me the voltage of my battery pack ?.....also looking at the battery pack end cap with the line up hole on top which side is positive & which side is negative ? Thanks...HH...Tab.

foiled again tab hunter said:
Like everyone else I have got the 10 NiMH rechargeable cells....1000 mAh…..13V when fully charged... So where can I get a tester that will give me the voltage of my battery pack ?.....also looking at the battery pack end cap with the line up hole on top which side is positive & which side is negative ? Thanks...HH...Tab.[/quote

Problem solved...located a charger with a excal plug on the end of the charging wire and it also has a red light indicator that glows when the battery is fully charged, and only cost $19.95 plus $2.99 shipping...............HH...Tab.

Cap only goes on one way to charge. Multi meter will give you dcv but to get the real voltage like anything else it has to be under load

dewcon4414 said:
Cap only goes on one way to charge. Multi meter will give you dcv but to get the real voltage like anything else it has to be under load

Thanks dewcon did not know, that you had to have it under load to a accurate voltage.....HH...Tab.

Let me add to this. Tab...... if thats one of the smart chargers it may or may not work correctly. Those chargers can over heat that older battery if its old and wont charge to around 14 dcv. Heat builds up inside the tube and could crack it especially if its a FAST charger. Want my opinion? spend the money on the 3000 lith with charger. That old battery isnt going to get better and likely wont allow you more that 4 hours of hunting.

Hi.
Just put a Volt
Like everyone else I have got the 10 NiMH rechargeable cells....1000 mAh…..13V when fully charged... So where can I get a tester that will give me the voltage of my battery pack ?.....also looking at the battery pack end cap with the line up hole on top which side is positive & which side is negative ? Thanks...HH...Tab.
Hi.stoneshirt here.Just put a Volt Meter on it.It will tell you by giving a Minus sign on the Voltage reading then just swap the Test Leads.
stoneshirt.