Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Excal II ears broken off on one side. Need new body. Should I send it in to Minelab

stemp

Was going to pack my detector to go to Porto Rico and found both ears broken off one side. Should I send into Minelab or have someone else repair it. No warranty left.

It probably needs a new body.

Thanks ,

stemp.

My Excal II with 2 cracked ears was repaired by Barry at Kellyco Minelab repair center, back to me with body replaced in less than a week. Cost was very reasonable. He also does nice remote pinpoint mods; it is amazing how much all metal hunting I am doing now that I can go back to discriminate with a flick of the thumb.

I assueme you are talking about the ears on the main pod so when you say repair...... did Barry replace the pod? Its nice having Barry and Dave here in Fl doing Xcal repairs. They try to keep the our costs down too. Im kind of partial to Joes PP switch over the button.... but you are right, sure changes how you hunt and what you find IMO.

Dew

dewcon4414 said:
I assueme you are talking about the ears on the main pod so when you say repair...... did Barry replace the pod? Its nice having Barry and Dave here in Fl doing Xcal repairs. They try to keep the our costs down too. Im kind of partial to Joes PP switch over the button.... but you are right, sure changes how you hunt and what you find IMO.

Dew

You are correct, Barry replaced the control pod.
Charles