Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Excal issue

biglry

Any of you Excal owners that might have had this issue or heard of this problem with an Excal, I'd appreciate your take on it.
http://www.findmall.com/read.php?21,926314,926314#msg-926314

Respectfully
Larry

Sounds like you have a ground lifted somewhere.

There is also some suspect on the coil connector you said you installed ??? There should be a grounded shield going over the wires. That sometimes causes problems if it doesn't have one, ( I have never seen this affect the housing).

I would remove the aftermarket coil with connector & wire in the stock coil. That gives you a base to start from. After that point, take it apart looking for a broken ground, or send it in to Minelab. :shrug:

Just my thoughts on it.

Thanks for the input Bill,
I did put the stock coil on today and no difference. I have gotten one suggestion that it might be static electricity so I'm removing the circuit boar from the plastic pod, then going to power it up, outside away from any possible interference then I'll see if it still does the same thing.
I did install a ground shield around the coil disconnects, so I don't believe it is an issue. The issue does not manifest itself around the coil connection, only at the control pod and only in a certain spot.

The ONLY time I have the issue is when putting arm in cuff or put finger on/near the side of the plastic control pod, near the volume knob. I get no response when doing the same thing anywhere else on the control pod, coil connecting even the coil will not respond to my bare hand when passed by....completly normal. I will be looking ofor any obvious ground fault on the circuit board where the coil is attached.
I'll update as this mystery continues

Respectfully,
Larry

Read the thread for the update and how the problem was solved.
http://www.findmall.com/read.php?21,926314,926314#msg-926314
Thanks to everyone who responded

Respectfully,
Larry

LArry,

Was it the static?

Best I can tell....Yes as it has not responded this way since rubbing the inside and out side of the control pod down with the fabric softener sheet, I'm hoping static electricity was causing the issue and that is the end of it. I am waiting for the GG headphones to show up and once I get them installed, the pod sealed back up and let set overnight in bottom pool I will be taking out for field testing in the surf.

Respectfully,
Larry