Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Excal ll Settings, land and water

Flyguy85

Hey Guys, I recently bought an Excal ll and need help. What settings would you recommend for land and water search settings? Many thanks! Flyguy85

Hey Guys, I recently bought an Excal ll and need help. What settings would you recommend for land and water search settings? Many thanks! Flyguy85
I have the Excal 1000.. generally it is one of the easiest to set up in my opinion...
Disc on 1, sensitivity at about 6 and slowly dial it down as needed to reduce chatter and nulling and false ing, volume full, threshold at just a faint audible hum, hunt in disc mode.. if you struggle to find a good sensitivity setting you can try auto which us works pretty good.. a somewhat slow sweep speed helps as it lets the machine sound off on deeper targets.. I have used mine many times at saltwater beach.. most people don’t really land hunt with it as there are better options and despite being very similar to the Sov GT electronically speaking I much prefer the GTfor land hunting as it is more adjustable and ergonomically friendlier.

Reactions: tvr
Agree with above post. I use mine exclusively on the beach and in the water. Only difference is I hunt in all metal and occasionally switch to discrimination mode to check a target for an iron null. For the check, I have the discrimination set on minimum. Sometimes I will sweep the dry sand when running in discrimination mode and listen to the target tones, but most of the time just keep it in all metal, everywhere on the beach.