Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Excal Question Losing Thresh Hold

Acornhead

I've hit a local beach on Lake Erie, and when I hunt there, the Excal 2 will null out, in other words they'll be no thresh hold for most of the time as I'm searching. If I stop the thresh hold comes back. I do pick up targets, but I don't remember the thresh hold doing that at this site before. I have the Sens at 5-6 and discrimination at 1. Does this mean there's lots of iron at the site? Am I missing targets? Hopefully the machine is still working right. This is obviously fresh water. Des in Buffalo

The next time this happens, drop a target on the ground and see if the threshold comes back ( target signal ) then go's blank again as you start your scanning again. It sounds like there is a lot of iron in the ground in that area and it is
being canceled out ( as it should be ). Try the machine in a different area with the same setting and compare results ( your yard or other should do for this ). If it works at home or other site then it's working like it is suppose to.

With your sensitivity settings you would do as well hunting in auto. If its nulling sound like iron..... does your pitch hold change tones? Switch over to PP and run across the area that should tell you.

Just too see, take 15 minutes and run in PP with disc at 3 to 5 and or another 15 with sens as low as it takes to run right. You have a fair depth at even 1 and it will work better than constantly nulling. The Excal is so easy to change settings on yet I seldom hear of guys experimenting away from Disc 1 (pinned) and sens 5 (noon). If it isn't working, shift gears for a few minutes. WTH?

dewcon4414 said:
With your sensitivity settings you would do as well hunting in auto. If its nulling sound like iron..... does your pitch hold change tones? Switch over to PP and run across the area that should tell you.

Good advice.