Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Excal Questions

Acornhead

Hey everyone, great posts! Two questions for you. My Excalibur’s 2 is missing the knob that you can switch between pinpoint, right now it is not in the pin point position. Am I losing depth here? Also, I’ve been using the stock coil, do you suggest switching to a larger? Thanks so much! Des in Buffalo, NY

Not as you would ever notice it, but listening to all the iron....get a new knob 1/4 inch with a brass screw. I have several when you get back to the Cape if you still need one.
I have used the WOT 15" coil for almost 10,000 hours, now that the two coils have died of old age and I am getting along in age myself, I find the stock 10" pinpoints better (of course) and I have not had to spend to replace the worn out WOT coils. Bigger is not always better, just depends on that you are trying to accomplish. For example I have the complete line of coils for my Infinium and a 18" and 4" coil for the ATPro - each has its own area of prowess. Missed you last year, hope to have better luck this year. WaterWalker

Sorry I missed your Message, still not use to the new format here.

If your hunting out of the water (dry and wet sand) you may want to think about a larger coil for more coverage and a little extra depth. That being said, I swear by the stock coils..1000 and 800. I do hunt in the water mostly so they fit my needs much better. If you hunt both in and out I would stay with the 1000 stock coil. (10 inch)......As far as losing depth on the All metal compared to Discriminate. I find here in Maryland, Ocean beach's and Bay beach's ...PP or all metal mode I get a few more inch's depth. And I really like the fact I can trace out the targets and determined the shape, size and depth of the target in PP. One thing.... one most realize also deep targets in PP are not going to be the one's that jump out and say dig me. You really have to listen close for the faints. I got a video I can share to show the difference in depth between the two mods, and it is a air test but gives one the idea of the difference and what to listen for on deep, deep targets. And this video is the 800 (7.5 coil) Hope this helps...

Awesome replies, Water Walker if you’d like to give me a private message, will be on the Cape quite a bit in the next few months. Des