Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Excal Repair (Minelab)

erikk

Just heard from a friend of mine who sent in his Excal which was out of warranty to Minelab. He just got it back (40 days total) The Excal 1000 which was out of warranty had coil and other problems. They did a complete overhaul including decals, wires, battery connector, coil (not sure about headphones), internals and return shipping. Total cost was $390.00. Sounds good to me

Wasn't there something in the bible about this ? ...... Minelab did this in biblical proportions !!......" .....and the rains came , and Minelab went forth , and did a complete overhaul , in 40 days, and 40 nights , and it was good !!" ... or something like that ......??????.....Jim

synthnut said:
Wasn't there something in the bible about this ? ...... Minelab did this in biblical proportions !!......" .....and the rains came , and Minelab went forth , and did a complete overhaul , in 40 days, and 40 nights , and it was good !!" ... or something like that ......??????.....Jim
Ya, Noah used the Excal to find the anchor

erikk said:
Just heard from a friend of mine who sent in his Excal which was out of warranty to Minelab. He just got it back (40 days total) The Excal 1000 which was out of warranty had coil and other problems. They did a complete overhaul including decals, wires, battery connector, coil (not sure about headphones), internals and return shipping. Total cost was $390.00. Sounds good to me

Did they install a new Tornado or the BBS coil. I am sending mine in and if they will do all that for me and put a new 8" Tornado, I would be a happy camper. :minelab:

PS: If they did in 15 days I would an insanely happy camper.

I have a Sea Hunter II with an 8" coil, and believe me it is far easier to swing in the knee deep surf than a 10" BBS (the brick). Yes a 10" covers more ground, but when you consider the time it takes to recover from each wave, the weight and the physical strain, the 8" for me is better. I think I actually cover more ground with it, as I stay longer and move faster and pinpoint easier. Just my preference having used both sizes.

15 days, I can dream can't I. :rofl:

erikk said:
Don't know but I am sure you can get what you want 8 iNCH WHY?????

15 days .............

otlew said:
I have a Sea Hunter II with an 8" coil, and believe me it is far easier to swing in the knee deep surf than a 10" BBS (the brick). Yes a 10" covers more ground, but when you consider the time it takes to recover from each wave, the weight and the physical strain, the 8" for me is better. I think I actually cover more ground with it, as I stay longer and move faster and pinpoint easier. Just my preference having used both sizes.

15 days, I can dream can't I. :rofl:

10? who mentioned 10 I use a 15 inch WOT on all mine with no problems and moving FAST is not always good

erikk said:
Don't know but I am sure you can get what you want 8 iNCH WHY?????

15 days .............

errik said:
10? who mentioned 10 I use a 15 inch WOT on all mine with no problems and moving FAST is not always good

Let me better explain my opinions.

With the smaller coil it takes less time for me to find a target because I can keep a constant pace due to its being physically easier in rolling surf. I will toss out the word fast and refer to it as less "total elapsed time between target acquisition in crashing wave".

Once again for me pinpointing is more precise and takes less scoops to recover the target. On sand, wet or dry, or at high tide with slack water I can see the clear advantages of huge coil and perhaps I may buy one for those conditions.

I base this on my experience with both size coils under the same circumstances on the same day and at the same beach. :detecting:

otlew said:
errik said:

With the smaller coil it takes less time for me to find a target because I can keep a constant pace due to its being physically easier in rolling surf. I will toss out the word fast and refer to it as less "total elapsed time between target acquisition in crashing wave".

Once again for me pinpointing is more precise and takes less scoops to recover the target. On sand, wet or dry, or at high tide with slack water I can see the clear advantages of huge coil and perhaps I may buy one for those conditions.

I base this on my experience with both size coils under the same circumstances on the same day and at the same beach. :detecting:

[size=x-large]Bigger Scoop[/size]

No smaller waves would be nice!

So one more time!

SMALLER WAVES = BIGGER COIL

erikk said:
otlew said:
errik said:

[size=x-large]Bigger Scoop[/size]