Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Excal sensitivity going in and out of surf.

spdnj

I realize this is going to vary dramatically with sand conditions but I am wondering what type of sensitivity people are running when hunting the wet sand and into the shallow surf (going in and out of the water) with the machine staying stable. hunting the nj beaches I had to move the sensitivity all the way down to 12 oclock and was still getting falses out of the water. When the coil was submerged the machine was much more stable, even just barely submerged. Does this sound normal? (fyi Excal II w/ 10")
thx

thats normal. water rushing over the coil is gonna cause some falsing. I hunt the beaches in Ocean County and usually run the sens around 12 oclock, plenty of depth, and good distinction between a false and a real target. feel it out is the best advice I can give you, see how it works, if it doesnt, adjust and see how it works again, for whereever you hunt, you will come across the best settings. dont worry about a low sens setting, what works best for where you hunt is what works best.
Neil
Ive got an 8" Excal II for reference.

n/t

Hi 12 o'clock in salt water is a good setting if you can get it that high. I hunt on NJ beaches in salt water and go even low to advoid flasing. Still plenty of depth. Steve