Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Excal vs Sov...tones

A

Anonymous

Are the tones between the two machines exactly the same for various targets?...thanks, Ray.

but as I understand it the excal is essientally a waterproof sov..so if thats the case then they should be the same.....several guys here can elaborate more than I......I just regergatate info I already heard here....plus toss whatever little experience I may have.....good luck

I had a Sovereign Elite and now have an Excalibur. When I had my Elite I used the Grey Ghost and Black Widow headphones. There was some significant difference in those phones and the tones and clarity was therefore somewhat different. The Excal of course has the built-in Minelab phones that don't detach. And while they are waterproof and fairly sturdy, they lack the quality of the phones I mentioned and many others. So there will be some noticeable difference. And the Excal has the BBS coil, whereas my Elite had the Tornado coil. When I put the Sunray S-12 on it there were subtle differences in the tones between the two.
So, all that said, the Excal and the Sovereign have VERY similar tones and I believe that if all things (coil and phones) were equal then they would sound identical. As it is, they do not. But they are so close as to be functionally the same. I liked the tonal quality of the Elite slightly better, but there isn't enough difference for there to be any "learning curve" or anything like that.
Does that do it for you?