Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Excal1000 vs Excal II

roseon3rd

Howdy folks,

I need to tap into your knowledge base regarding the Excal machines. Can anyone tell me the differences between the regular Excal 1000 and the now manufactured Excal II ? If buying today, is the Excal II that much better at finding items than the regular Excal 1000.

Any information appreciated.

Curt

From what I understand the excal 2 coil is lighter to track
in the water better and is different coil design !
I have an excal 2 and I'm very happy with mine !
Hh
John

i had the xcal 1000 ..now have the xcal2 more stable in the wet sand ...less falsing i like it better

If you buy a new Excal II you will have a warranty, if you buy the older one you won't. Look at my post and you'll see the Excal II is a hot machine, Gene

Another difference is the battery, the excal2 has a 1000mah nimh, wheras the older excaliburs have 700mah nicads, this newer setup gives slightly longer use and not so much memory effect in the batteries.
Also lime green decals and yellow skid pan on the coil that makes it slightly better to see under water
Headphones are different to the other excalibur models(other than the last few excalibur 1000's) i prefered the blue phones to the latest yellow ones although i'm getting tuned into them, it maybe that the dislike came from the changed tones from what i was used too on the new yellow ones.

I also think the Excal 2 hits harder on solid objects like coins and rings and is less enthusiastic for want of a better word about things like canslaw

GENE EDWARDS said:
If you buy a new Excal II you will have a warranty, if you buy the older one you won't. Look at my post and you'll see the Excal II is a hot machine, Gene

That dont mean much when Minelab wont call you back or give you the address to ship your broken detector in for repair.
Just call them and try to talk to a service tech.
You get that "we will call you back" and that never happens.
You cant ship it to them unless you talk to a tech first.
I am really disappointed in Minelabs new service policy.

Also, whenever Minelab decides to make anymore Excalibur 2's should be the other question. I've ordered and paid for my Excalibur 2 800 in February and there is still no word as to when they will be in and ready for shipping. I'm excited as heck in getting two brand new detectors, got my infinium already, but the wait is killing me!!!!!!

Ken

Wow you have been waiting since February...I just ordered the excalibur ii last week, and they told me a month or so. Hoping that doesnt mean two months from now I will be wondering where my machine is. I don't understand why such a long delay because i have seen videos of people using the excalibur ii's. They must either have a problem with them or a boom of sales.:shrug:

Hmmm, are there any NEW Excall II's in dealers or distributer's hands for sales at the moment or are they all on back order? I spoke with one super large dealer who told me they were BO'd but that if I wanted one I needed to pay for it and get my name on the list. They could give me no specific date for shipment arrival. Not so sure I want to give them $1200.00+ and the machine not come in untill after the summer water season.

Oh well, not much I can do about it.

HH

Thanks guys,

Curt

The number one metal detector shop Kellyco is even out. They told me they wouldn't be getting their second back ordered Excaliburs until Mid to End of May. I already ordered mine from another dealer in Feb, yes i said Feb.

Ken

susceptible to interference... and therefore are more stable. You can run them at a higher sens and have far less problems with falsing.

The coil is thinner too and that makes travel through the water easier.

I still have my 1000, my old original horseshoe coil excal, and a ll... Actually, I use them all but the oldest is still the best.

Calm seas

micheal

This is what happens when a combination of things come together as a perfect storm.

Minelab is moving, the suppliers of electronic components are cutting back because of the economic conditions, the price of gold is going through the roof, everybody wants an Excalibur because the water hunting season is upon us and so on an so forth.

I had an older 800 and it was nice, but my newer 1000 II is better by far. It seems to be a lot more stable in areas the 800 could not do well in. I like the newer 1000 II's coil. I did not care for the blue headphones on the older 800, the newer Koss yellow headphones are better for me but the ear pads suck.

I just wish Minelab would get with it as far as ergonomics go. The factory shaft is not very good. A straight shaft is one answer or a chest or belt mount is also a good thing. Peltor gel ear pads for the headphones would be nice. A good waterproof connection to change the coils would also be cool. If Mienlab would only visit this site and read what people are doing with their Excaliburs, they could see what people have to do to make their machines better.

The Excalibur is a great detector.....they could make it even better.