Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Excali 2 vs Excali 1000

kered

Hi, after doing well with my Excali 1000 an Excali 2 came up for sale as new, i bought it and it is as new, not a mark on the scuff cover, even reg papers not filled in. I asked how long the battery lasted and was told "don't know, only charged it once"

What i would like to know are your thoughts on actual in field performance rather than nicad vs nimh etc. My old one is the blue headphone model, BBS coil and about 5-6 years old as far as i can gather, works perfect, all knobs still tight and is in good condition but obviously well used.

The reason i ask is one must go as i have too many detectors and a friend is interested, but have read some quality isues lately re the excali 2, Your thoughts?

i had old old model with red phones, sold it in 2006 bought 1000 like yours with blue phones, when the excal II's came out, i sold the blue phone one and bought 2 excal II's

the old old one with red phones was FAR SUPERIOR to any other excals. i have owned.

j m h o

Cheers Max, after the first outing i think you might be right, although i'll give it a few more as it could be just getting used to the new yellow phones, one of these days i'll get some GG's but i'm a long way from any minelab service centre to fit the conector on the main body(if they even will do it)

Time will tell
cheers

n/t