Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Excalibur 2, is it the same as Excalibur 1000?

Merlin cadogan

I've just sold my explorer se so I can buy a newer underwater detector to use alongside my surf master 2, and the obvious choice seams to be a second hand excalibur. I've seen adverts for Excalibur 1000 and Excalibur 2. Is there a difference, how much should I pay for it second hand and is there something about the type of shaft which is important? I've seen yellow ones, green ones and yellow ones, are these the different models, or do all models come in different colours? Thanks for any help.
Good luck, Merlin

Blue, Yellow = Excal II.

800 = 8 inch stock coil.

1000 = 10 stock coil [my choice any day].

There are only two models currently produced. 8" or 10" coil.

HH an GL. -Joe

Merlin cadogan said:
I've just sold my explorer se so I can buy a newer underwater detector to use alongside my surf master 2, and the obvious choice seams to be a second hand excalibur. I've seen adverts for Excalibur 1000 and Excalibur 2. Is there a difference, how much should I pay for it second hand and is there something about the type of shaft which is important? I've seen yellow ones, green ones and yellow ones, are these the different models, or do all models come in different colours? Thanks for any help.
Good luck, Merlin

I don't know if there is a difference in performance between first excal series and the excal II. I'm sure some of the pro's can help. Anyway, every user has it's own preferences.
I own an Excalibur 1000 with a straight Anderson shaft (blue). I have never used the standard shaft. During my wading operations the control box is positioned behind my upper arm. The shaft and cable are wrapped with a cable wrapper/binder to make it more streamlined and to minimize cable stress and falsing. It will take some time to get used to pin-pointing. Actually, I also never use the pinpoint mode and it hardly ever takes me more than 2 scoops to retrieve the target. I haven

Thanks kossie for your information. I didn't win the Excalibur on eBay, so I'm still tryin to find one I can afford. My surf master 2 is still hanging in there.... Good luck :)