Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Excalibur 2 performance.

alfred

Hi all I have just purchased a excalibur 2 it all seems to work find apart from I cannot get any depth from it,if I put it in auto sens I almost have to touch the coil with a gold or silver ring not much better out of auto.
any info why this is like it is would be most helpful.Regards.

Volume max and sensitivity set at 10 will give you max sensitivity.Remember volume control is actually for gain control so always set at max.Auto sen. is a very low setting,very stable but no depth.Hope this helps.Good Luck HH Ron

Minelabs don't air test particularly well, but that seems way too insensitive. On the beach I run my Excals at zero DISC, max VOL, SENS as high as stable but usually 9 or 10 and THRESHOLD at mosquito buzz. EMI can drive SENS down, but to air test just try to tough it out. Try various common targets, coins, rings and such. Remember chains do poorly and fine chains are very difficult to hear.
Good luck

Are you testing it on the Beach? Is it chatty or smooth in auto? Try it in PP.....in auto then just out of auto. Just out of auto is it chatty? Is all the knobs lining up at their stops and do they all stop when turned to the left? Use a dime you should get 8" in about any setting. Check that disc setting....... should be turned all the way left. If its chatty at 12 o clock or auto you might have a coil issue. If there is someone around you with an Xcal and time on it ........ ask um to try yours.

Dew

Fully rotating it clockwise until it stops is actually zero sensitivity, while just a notch clockwise out of autotune is max.

Hi all thanks for you advice,i found the problem a wire had broken in the headphones.
happy hunting.

alfred said:
Hi all thanks for you advice,i found the problem a wire had broken in the headphones.
happy hunting.

Wish I had been so lucky. My loss of sensitivity (intermittent) was a bad coil. OUCH

My wife says I am insensitive intermittently. So she turns me down, but then I go metal detecting and feel better. :detecting: