Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Excalibur battery

bsa70

As suggested in a prior thread, I went to wal mart a fund a battery tender jr. It's more than $15, it is about $40. 12 volts at 750 ma and suppose to cut off when it is charged. Will this work with any battery I purchase for the excalibur? Does the excalibur have a charging board in the battery or does it go straight to the wall charger. Will any 12volt dc output, ac wall wart work as a charger?

thanks guys!

The company on the big auction site that sells the battery's also sells the charger. I believe that's where I got mine. It's a smart charger as it will turn itself down when the battery is charged. Has a light on it that's red while charging and a green when it's just maintaining, I paid like $23 shipped. It plugs right in to the Minelab charge adapter. Hope this helps.

Can't send you a message and don't think I can post the link to what you need. These chargers are what should come with a new Excal. Try a goggle search.

Maxxpack battery and charger. Kelleyco may sell them. The blue xcal uses a 750mah and the xcal ll is 1000. The chargerwill charge 1000 mah battery is about an hour. Even has a light as mentioned. $50 some bucks.... worth every cent. The battery charger say for 1000mah and higher. A 750 with age can get hot..... not good for the tube.

Try this link:
charger for Excalibur

It is a peak detect charger so it charges fairly fast and then turns itself down to a trickle, nearly off, when the battery pack reaches full charge. It comes wired with the plug that will plug right into the Excalibur battery charge adapter that comes with the Excalibur.

I have two ... just in case one should happen to die; but so far both work just fine after about 5 years of use.

Ive got three of them... excellent especially for the price.

tvr said:
Try this link:
charger for Excalibur

It is a peak detect charger so it charges fairly fast and then turns itself down to a trickle, nearly off, when the battery pack reaches full charge. It comes wired with the plug that will plug right into the Excalibur battery charge adapter that comes with the Excalibur.

I have two ... just in case one should happen to die; but so far both work just fine after about 5 years of use.

That's the one I was going to post. Mine's the older version but does the same thing. Don't have to worry about over charging/ over heating a battery. Mine's always plugged into one of my Excals.

I paid less than 25 dollars for that charger from maxxpacs.

YOu can get the charger cheaper.......... but why not UPGRADE it all? These put out 16V at .7A. There is nothing inside the battery packs but the batteries. They plug in with 9V battery connectors. I think my concern with the battery tender would be on batteries with age like the old blues 750 mah. If the charger cant tell if the battery is charged it wont shut off and that battery can get HOT. Over time its going to crack the tube. Rechargables unlike Lith batteries dont have a 3rd wire to check and see if ever cell is fully charged.

Dew