Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Excalibur Changing it's tunes

I bought a new Excal II last week and finally got to take it out the other day. I didn't submerge it as I was working the wet sand and wading in and out of the shore break up to 1-2 feet. My threshold tone changed every so often going from the light type sound to one where it sounded like I'd stirred up a hornets nest. This occurred in the dry, wet and submerged sand. It seemed more random than anything else but I thought I would ask and see. It was a very quiet beach, no signals at all in the wet sand and I discovered a recently buried 6 pack of Modelo negro's along with the bottle caps in the dry sand. Of course they were all empty.

Most likely your coil passed over iron and the change in threshold tone indicated just that. The next good signal would switch it back till you hit iron again. I usually just swing towards my scoop and it changes back to the better tone. That's what it seems like to me anyway.

Its called PITCH HOLD. It was used on many of the gold machines initially as a way of identifying weak signals. Changes to the last target tone.

I read a post somewhere that if the threshold went from low to a wierd high tone that you just passed over a deep target.
One day on dry sand in the winter I did find a deep crusted penny when that happened.