Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Excalibur Experts and PROs...

cabochris

I'm thinking about modifications to my blue Excalibur 800 and would like Excalibur users/PROs opinions.

1, The newer 800 Tornado coil has better sensitivity to smaller targets than the older 800 BBS coil. Is this the case?

2, The newer yellow headphones are louder in volume than the blue headphones? Is that the case?

I like the gold tones of my blue headphones, but would change to the yellow phones if they are louder.

I would also change to the 800 Tornado coil if it has better sensitive to smaller gold.

I realize I would sort of be creating an Excalibur II without the new shielding. But that is sort of what I want as shielding may actually prevent small gold signals from coming through? By changing my 800 to a more sensitive coil and louder headphones I might gain an edge in depth? All thoughts appreciated. Thanks CC.

I called Minelab today and they were quite helpful. They said that the yellow headphones were louder and surprisingly that the 800 Tornado coil was not more sensitive than the older 800 BBS coils. Can Tornado coil users please confirm that for me? Because I have seen some say Tornado coils are more sensitive? CC.

The Tornado coils, both 8 & 10" are no more sensitive than the older BBS coils, only lighter. The old Sea-Search coil is the best 8" coil for Sovereigns & Excaliburs..wildherre

Chris, I have a BBS 800 on one unit & a Tornado 800 on the other Excal 800. I cannot really tell much difference between the 2 coils, other than weight and the Tornado slices through the water a bit easier. It MAY be a touch more sensitive, but it not staggering, if any.

Headphones is where I would be looking to increase performance. The old blue headphones audio quality is better than the yellow Koss(I've used both), the problem is the old blues fall off your head and the wind noise stinks. The BEST scenario is to install the blue headphone audio components into Peltor H7A headphones, as outlined in Clive's last Excal book. This was 1st performed by MrGoldMaster, as I understand it. I am all thumbs on stuff like that, so I contacted MrGoldMaster and he did the installation for me and has invited me to offer the service to all of you, that may be interested as well. Just send him a PM, if you would like. I'll not use anything else, it is worth doing. Here is a few pics of 1 my 800s, with the Peltor H7As and the yellow Koss audio components.
[attachment 141637 Excal800Peltors.JPG]
[attachment 141638 Peltors.JPG]
[attachment 141639 Peltors2.JPG]