Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

excalibur help

101numlock

My buddy has an older excalibur 800 with blue headphones and his seems to be hitting on a lot more signals when testing in the yard. I think that they are false due to EMF. Is the older excels more sensitive to EMF than the excalibur II ?

EMI or Electro Magnetic Interference may be more significant in older machines. I believe one of the changes to the Excalibur II machines was better shielding.

BCOOP

I have a brand new excal II and it is very sensitive to EMI. I have tried to use it at three different residences in neighborhoods and haven't been able to because of the interference. Even with sensitivity at 1 it constantly whines while in PP and constantly chatters while in Disc. Don't see how the older ones could be anymore sensitive.

I have a brand new Excalibur ll and there are power lines in the alley behind my house and it is litterally impossible to set that machine at home.
I have taken it out to a local beach and it sets up and operates flawlessly out there.

Be careful on page 16 of the owners manual as it states you can use the Pinpoint moad in all metal and it requires no motion to locate a target. This is a misprint and it does require motion in the pinpoint mode to get a target response. Charles.