Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Excalibur II batteries

sdesic

I am using Excalibur II for my hunts and now it is charging only to 12.6V.
After 12 hours of charging ... original charger gives out 15-16V as always.

After 5-6 hours of hunting - Excalibur gives warning sound.
(it is old dog - no warranties)

Where are we on the batteries now... replacement batteries with a pod
only batteries, RnB Lithium... what is best for the buck?

Thanks!

I still use the NiMH that I got new 3 years ago that still holds a good charge. Have you tried letting it charge more hours?..... 18 to 24 is what I give mine after getting the low battery signal. If I go 10+ hours or a couple of hunts after a full charge, I put it on the charger over night....I rarely get to the low battery signal when doing it this way.
I see others using the RnB 3000 LP. I would most likely go with this one after my NiMH is done. I see you can buy them with the charger for half the price of the NiMH, but without the pod.

Nothing to lose in trying Bob's suggestion of charging for more hours. If you enter the output of a stock charger @60mA and the battery capacity @1000mAh on various battery charge calculators around the web, it shows a + - 20 hour charge time. http://www.csgnetwork.com/batterychgcalc.html

I am at 15 hours now, batteries are charged at 12.2V ... will try 24 hours ...
charger gives 13V when connected batteries.

It is Alkaline battery pack with rechargeable pack connected.
I am in Europe.
RnB pack is same size? Has 9V battery connector?

You guys saved me!
It charged up to 13.78V! As it should!
Thanks!

p.s. I have found out that it would be impossible to order.
I live in Bosnia and no one wanted to deliver batteries here.
Only thing that will work is original pack.

At least you have the 1000 mah....... the old blues had 750 mah. You mean Maxxpack wouldnt deliver to you? Now........ what ive found out about the smart chargers are sometimes they wont recognize the battery if the charge is to low. So dont get rid of your ML charger just because you upgraded. The smart chargers charge is about an hour or so while it takes a REALLY long time to charge say a 1600 mah battery on the ML charger.

Dew

Actually I have more ... don't know how much. Don't see ... I think 16 hours is max usage.
Never done it one charge.
Previous owner made this rechargeable pack ... 1600mAh

Ebay selling Maxxpack don't deliver here. (toolbay)
Couldn't make new account on their web.

Then there is part of your problem....... 1600 takes almost twice as long to charge with a ML charger. Also, like i said if you use their smart charger KEEP the ML one....... you may need it. Did you go directly to Maxxpack.com? At least you have the issue solved.

I have 80mAh Minelab adapter.
Charges 10 hours ... 800 mAh
Charges 20 hours ... 1600 mAh

www.maxxpacks.com has no Bosnia listed as country when you make your account.

SD, Just a little info. I have been using the MaxPacks to exchange mine. I am having no issues. Priced well. mackpacks.com

IF you are using the alkaline pod with the rechargeable battery holder - That is the problem.

Alkaline cells are 1.5VDC for 12VDC as there is only 8 cells in the holder.
The Minelab battery pod as supplied has 10 cells at 1.2VDC each for 12VDC
If you put the 8 NiCD or NiMH cells in the alkaline holder and try to use it you only have 9.6VDC (8 cells X 1.2VDC).

I would go with the EX3000 for a replacement battery pack, if you are going to go that route. Biggest bang for the dollar.
I have been using one for some time now, great not to have to recharge every 12 hours or so. But rather about 45 hours.

copy of Excalibur II manual page - note at bottom tells it all.

Actually it is Alkaline pod with rechargeable pack.
Next time I get problems with it I will try to get replacement battery pack.

That is what I hoped you were doing.

Then the only other reason, that has not been mentioned, is the pack may not charge to the higher voltage is due to one or more cells of the pack is/are loosing its capacity due to age or cycles.