Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

EXCALIBUR II & PINPOINT

I've heard several people say no ... but in my experience with it, I'd say yes. I hunt almost all pinpoint (all metal) on the beach and in the water. I've found many targets that were faint in pin point and when flipped to discriminate to check, make no sound.

In all metal (Pin Point) you can run sensitivity higher giving you a little more depth. You really have to listen closely to those little blips that indicate a target. I then shift to disc to see if i can hear the target. I will then take a couple scoops of sand so i can get the coil closer to the target and see if i can hear the target or if i get a null.

Last week wife and I visited one of our sons in Florida. I took the Excal and hunted almost exclusively in pinpoint. Did a few flips to check targets but not a lot.
Got three pieces of silver, two pieces of stainless steel jewelry and a little over $15 in change. One thing I can say about detecting the water in Florida is that it is a luxury to be able to see the coil and scoop clearly on the bottom when shoulder deep in the water.

Attachments

• Jewelry.JPG
    Jewelry.JPG
    3.6 MB · Views: 237
  • stuff.JPG
    stuff.JPG
    4 MB · Views: 243
No doubt deeper but it's not going to be a signal that jumps out and says I'm here. To show.........here is a video of PP and disc with a 800 coil. As you can see PP is about 3 inch's more..and listen how faint.

For those changing coils remember the #I wire and #2 wires reversed in the wrong direction will cause the audio to decrease as you center your coil in pinpoint. In Discrimination it doesn't make a difference. My mistake the other day while changing a coil connector I had to correct this problem, my fault. This can be misleading by testing a target in the Disc mode first and skipping a test in pinpoint. Happy Hunting Ron

I've heard several people say no ... but in my experience with it, I'd say yes. I hunt almost all pinpoint (all metal) on the beach and in the water. I've found many targets that were faint in pin point and when flipped to discriminate to check, make no sound.
This technique has been espoused by many "Gurus".It's flawed,I think....You find it in all Metal,and lose it in Disc-rem.It's not because it's found iron,it's because you have gone back to the Disc-rem,which is not as deep....Thoughts?
stoneshirt.

This technique has been espoused by many "Gurus".It's flawed,I think....You find it in all Metal,and lose it in Disc-rem.It's not because it's found iron,it's because you have gone back to the Disc-rem,which is not as deep....Thoughts?
stoneshirt.
Not a null that returns to a growl in the threshold ... actually no sound change in the threshold in disc when signal is there in all metal. Dig and turn up non-ferrous many times. There are times, after taking a scoop or two and the coil is closer to the target, it will null on iron as a normal iron response. I have found it to signal in all metal and absolutely no change to indicate a target in disc, not a null; thus my observation that in my use the Excal is deeper in all metal than in disc.