Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Excalibur II - problem with disc/pinpoint control

Furious T

Hi All,
The Disc/Pinpoint control knob on my Excal II has come off the shaft...it slides back on ok, but will not grip to switch from disc to pinpoint. Has anyone elso had a similar problem, and if so, does something like superglue or other adhesive work... Thanks for any input.

Just go on free bay and buy some new knobs with allen nuts. Does it happen.... yes it not uncommon. Thats why they make knob guards. Hopefully you didnt damage the inside...... it doesnt go completely around does it? If not....you should be good to go with new knobs..... for around $16 shipped i think.

Dew

I just posted a message in the Excalibur Accessories Sticky with links to Findmall threads on replacement knobs and where to find them at Findmall sponsors, and some great how-to threads with pictures on servicing/replacing them, along with a link or two to threads on preventive maintenance stuff related to both the knobs and other aspects of the Excal. I figured since this knob thing pops up a lot with questions on where to find replacement ones or how to fix a problem with existing ones that it would be worth posting a few thread links in that sticky on that. One more common message that always seems to crop up hopefully taken care of. :biggrin:

Just wondering if after you put it back on you tighten the 1/4 nut under the yellow cap? These knobs are suppose to slip before the break the internal stops. you can use other knobs with set screws but be certian not to be tought on them. Like turn the knob to discriminate when it already there. it will break the stop. 3 months and about 150 bucks later you will be putting the slipping knobs back on.Many Hve been there done it.
BCNJ

Do the Mel Parker / Oldbeachnut remote switch for the pin point / discriminate mode and you won't have to worry about that again. Plus it makes the Excalibur what it really should be. Easy and fun to use!!!!!

Thank you ALL for your replies...each one with a slightly different slant. You"re all the best. Thanks again.

Cool erikk..... didnt know the shack sold them. By the way where you been hiding out...... havent see you or that big WOT lately?

Dew