Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Excalibur or Dual Field - in the water clean old beach???

rogerrelics

would like to hear from Excalibur owners who have switched to the Dual Field or still use both...

what is my learning curve going to be on the Dual Field? do you ever learn that the target is iron?

There's not much of a learning curve using the Dual Field. You'll quickly learn to recognize a bobbie pin's double beep but other than that, it's dig everything and decide if it's a keeper after looking at it.:rolleyes:

Iron has a long wide signal that is very east to pick up and ignore... if the beach is clean like you say then go with the DF... the Excal isn't going to get the depth of the DF....

wire, sparkler sticks, bobbiepins, nails have a broken stratchy signal... some guys dig them I choose not to.

Only had my DF 4 months,still dig some/alot of trash...Like Craig,Tom and CJ will tell u also ,it is a single tone with different variations in its sound...I hear them as mushy,soft musical,long with a twang,real crisp and sharp, sounds that i try to associate with certain targets,tabs,crab trap pieces, and caps will get you,but your going to dig them anyway, and if you are digging them, others aren't.....The big ring you asked about,after 2 scoops i thought i was digging a bottle cap,if it didn't come up on the third i might have given up,the target before ,5 feet away was a cap!!! Good Luck HH

have had both and found the depth to be about equal as long as the excal is used in all metal and you crank up the sens. overall the excal is more versatile.

I agree with Neil. I think my Sovereign GT is as deep as my Dual Field was and no iron! And I'm a dyed in the wool White's fan and loyal White's user for over 35 years.

I've owned both and I've kept the Excalibur. The Dual field is one nice machine too, but if I had to have only one, the Excalibur is it.

Plus, the Excalibur is a way better dry land machine. I like not digging iron when looking for gold and silver.

But why choose? Get both!