Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Excalibur Question

mortarman

I wanted to ask all the Excalibur users a question. I've never owned a Minelab but lately I've been looking at getting one. I've heard mention something about a knob issue? About them falling off? I'd love to own one but l have an issue in spending $1500 on a detector that has a problem like that. Can anyone explain this to me? Thanks!

On top of this excal and sov forum is the Sticky,s on just about anything you need to know about the Excal you need to know .I put the link for you to see on knob,s GL Jim
http://www.findmall.com/read.php?21,1461337,1461882#msg-1461882

If you look at the excal you will see that the knobs are exposed and can be knocked off. Design Flaw by minelab along with many other design flaws. A lot of folks purchase a knob guard to protect the knobs.

The knobs are cheap.... thats just a fact. But ML says its so a knob will break should you over tork them instead of the switch. Mine recently broke and i replaced mine with some from Jamesco for like a buck a piece that have allen wrench screws. These knobs are bigger and closer together and flat on top. A lot more difficult to just knock off. Another reason i went with the larger ones..... my machine gets a lot of use and they are nice and loose so knobs move easily with the big knobs and you can feel them much easier when they get to the end of the stop. My other machines knobs are TIGHTER you really have to be careful if you arent looking at the knobs to ensure you dont over tork um. But the knobs cost you very little compared to some of the other problems that can really get in your pocket. Ive had about every thing possible happen to mine....... yet they are so good at what they do i bought another used one.

Dew