Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Excalibur threshold ?

baspinall

Only been out once so far as a trial run. I set the threshold at a just audible level. When I go over different targets the threshold pitch changes and holds at that pitch or tone afterwards until I hit another target. Is this normal? I am used to land detectors and have never had the threshold actually change pitch or tone. It nulls out here and there but doesn't change tones. Just curious.

Brian

that is normal. look under the Disc/all metal switch section of your manual for further explanation.

The threshold will stay at a high threshold until you pass the coil over iron, then the threshold will drop back to normal.

it will drive you crazy till you get used to the tones but give it time ......try going somewhere where you know there are coins to be found or take your detector in theback yard and set a penny,nickle,dime,quarter on the ground a foot a part... sweep over each coin separately....note the different tone each makes....my first couple times had me also wondering if my machine was working right....the more you use it the more you will like it....the beach is a great place to master that machine because the sand makes easy to dig....good luck....