Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

excalibur

A

Anonymous

this is a weird question but i am a self proclaimed expert on the explorer one and two as well with the wot coil but am clueless on the ex. should i use auto or really try and use man sens is it like the explorer it makes a huge diference. i plan to do alot of diving any sugestions all the other knobs are pretty self explanatory, also is it the same as the soverign, i have the 10 and the 8 and never use them i always use the explorer would like to use it on land but would i be going backwards or just use it for diving . whats the depth like?

Sensitivity is pretty easy to control. I usually start off at 12:00 if it runs stable then I bump it counter-clockwise until I get some falsing then I back it off.
If it falses at 12:00 the I rotate it clockwise until I get no more falsing.
Sometimes if I'm diving and there's tons of iron junk and I'm close to bedrock or clay I just use auto. I've found a lot of good stuff in the auto setting.
----------------------------------------------------
I have the Excal and the 'Sovereign XS'. Audio signals from both machines are nearly identical. They are based on the same circuit board so they have similar performance.
----------------------------------------------------
Stick with your Explorers for land hunting. The Excal is heavy as hell out of the water. Use it for diving.
The Excal gets great depth especially if you're using it in the water.