Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Excel spreadsheet for metal detecting

Cool idea & I haven’t really thought about that…….I suppose if I was hunting everyday that would be a must..but,, I don’t have that luxury at this time……. Again, good idea!

I set up an Access database as it was easier to add pics. I really wish I had started tracking my finds in the beginning of my detecting days.

I mentioned above that i had site sheets that I used for many years before changing over to the spreadsheet. I went back and looked thru many of them. One of the things I like about the site sheets it that i can add to previous entries and get an overall idea of where i've hunted and how certain areas have produced or not. I'm thinking of returning to the site sheets rather than continuing to use the Spreadsheet.

Might've been easier to bump the January conversation on this rather than start from scratch.

From conversations last month I did freshen up my site sheet and print up a bunch of them for 2022. I decided it was more important for me to have a sheet that documented a particular site over time. Counting clad totals isn't why I hunt. It may be different for others with aspirations different than mine and a spreadsheet might be just the right ticket.

Rich

Attachments

• 80B03D29-1B95-4205-8FAA-DE5649D039CD.jpeg
    80B03D29-1B95-4205-8FAA-DE5649D039CD.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 144
  • D499D942-A178-409E-9A0C-A801BFD1EEA4.jpeg
    D499D942-A178-409E-9A0C-A801BFD1EEA4.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 142
A spreadsheet is a nice way of keeping up with finds. But site sheets are also handy. One of the added benefits of a site sheet is you could have a folder containing your site sheets that you could show someone if they’re interested in what you find detecting.

What template do you use in excel on a spreadsheet to keep track of metal detecting finds
Here is a spreadsheet I made up years ago when I moderated a proboards forum here in Oklahoma. The forum no longer exists. Not Excel, but a spreadsheet made in Google Sheets. Free for anyone to use. You could easily modify a few cells to keep track of your finds. Obviously, you will want to change the images (other than the coins). I've made the sheet shareable so anyone can download and use it.

CLICK HERE