Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

EXCELERATOR 5 INCH WITH GT

Maxwedge

Can yall give me your opinion on the excelerator 5 in. on the GT. Depth, performance, etc. I'm thinking of getting one Thanks for your response.

I use the Sunray 5 inch coil, there are lots of trashy spots where it is all I can use.

your not going to get much depth from a 5 in coil unless you can run it really hot, but there are sites where the only coil that will get you uncovered from the trash is a small coil. If your only hunting really trashy sites then the 5in is a good choice. There are those that would clear a site with a small coil and then redo it with a larger one such as 8inch. Not something I like doing but it works on small sites. I found that the trash sites I hunt can be covered just as well with an 8in and the depth was as good as my stock 10 in. and separation was better. I think a lot of hunters do just as well with a really good 8in coil.. If you can handle it get small, medium and large to cover any situation. Thats why we love the SOV.s-- plenty of options. :cool: HH

a S12 on my GT and that covers all my needs.S12 for open beach to cover a lot of ground in a hurry and the S8 for heavy trash areas.