Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Excelerator EQ2 any good on beach?

Deep Digger

Thinking about a x-mas gift for my dad.
He LOVES his GT and I thought since I can pick up the 12.5" or 14" CHEAP-
I'd ask what experienced users thought about these coils.
He does a lot of beach hunting so maybe the 14" would be best.
These coils are going for half the price of a WOT but are they worth it?
I also can't find any info on the weight.
I enjoy the new generation of excelerator's with my 6X8 for the e-trac, and
need to know if I should chance it on the OLD coils.
Thanks,
Deep Digger

I think you sort of answered your own question .... The performance of the WOT and the SEF coils will trump the Excelorators from my understanding .....I have the SEF coil and like you , I'm very heppy with the performance .... Others have talked a lot about the WOT coils .... The smaller Excelorators are used with great success , but you don't hear much about the larger ones .... It's all about coverage on the beach .... If it were me, and I was buying for my dad , I would go with a 12 x 15 SEF .....If I couldn't afford that , I would buy him a Swingy Thingy, and save up and buy the 12 x 15 SEF for his birthday or something like that .....or have someone else in your family go in on a 12 x 15 SEF for your dad .....I'm sure he'd be REALLY happy getting it !!..... JIm

I just got a 14" EQ2 for the etrac/beach, it was cheap, not a patch on the SEF or Wot coils to be honest, probably why it was so cheap, i will be getting another 12x15 as it was the best coil i've had for the Sovereign and beach i've ever had, the wot a close second, also on the etrac, i swapped the last one out for a 15x18 that was a heavy mistake(but at least i tried it) its good and has its place but generally the 12x15 is better and not as heavy as it looks