Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Excellent Deus Rain Cover $12

I got this rain cover at West Marine the other day. It cost me $12 and it is great. It has 2 seals to protect the unit from the elements. The lanyard is great to hand the control box around your neck and makes it super convenient to look at/make adjustments when you need to. I have also noticed that while the Deus is amazingly light, having the control box around your neck makes it just that much lighter for longer hunts. This pouch is rated for submersion so you will never have to worry about the unit getting wet. It also stops the unit from getting muddy from your hands and you can wash the pouch off after use keeping your control box looking great. I think this product is perfect and fits the Deus like a glove. Hope this helps someone. HH -Marc

It's great that the Deus is the same size as other typical electronic items for these quality "Rain coves" to fit!

Curious, would you prefer to have the cover being able to be mounted on your non swinging wrist (I see those forearm mounts) so you can see the VID's better as well as using the controls, or is the lanyard so long?

Thx,
Albert

Very nice. Would be perfect for the beach.

Hi Albert, I also have a cover that mounts to the wrist and I found it awkward to use. I find it much easier to hang it around my neck. The buttons are hard to push on your wrist. Hanging it around my neck works for me, however, what works best for me might not be what works best for others. HH -Marc

Hi Albert, I have a cover that I attach to my forearm and it works well for me. I position mine right on top of the forearm muscle with the screen slightly tilted toward me. I find that the angle of the screen is such that I all I need to do is raise my arm just a little bit and I can see the screen and the target area at the same time, which helps when using pinpoint. It's also a good angle for making adjustments and far enough up my arm to keep it out of harms way during digging.

I'm going to get the one that Marc turned us on to for use at the beach, due it's waterproof abilities.

Thanks for the comments guys, I can see what you mean about it being awkward on the forearm since it's sideways - don't see any other ipod touch cases except those that are lengthwise. And Steve, I think putting on the top of the forearm as you said would make a big difference - I hadn't thought of that for some reason.

Good luck hunting,
Albert

MHirschmann said:
I got this rain cover at West Marine the other day. It cost me $12 and it is great. It has 2 seals to protect the unit from the elements. The lanyard is great to hand the control box around your neck and makes it super convenient to look at/make adjustments when you need to. I have also noticed that while the Deus is amazingly light, having the control box around your neck makes it just that much lighter for longer hunts. This pouch is rated for submersion so you will never have to worry about the unit getting wet. It also stops the unit from getting muddy from your hands and you can wash the pouch off after use keeping your control box looking great. I think this product is perfect and fits the Deus like a glove. Hope this helps someone. HH -Marc
This is nice.. i bought the same style that hangs around the neck too. i dont know who posted a picture of it before but thats the exact one i bought. also bought water proof ear buds. The Deus is completely water proof so i dont have to worry about cutting my hunt early because of rain. HH

Marc nice cover may I ask where is West Marine is this in the states or overseas someplace?? I'm in N.Y. upstate Adirondacks and never heard of this place or store would like to get this one myself with the lanyard.

That is a nice rain protector. I just found them at Dunhams. They are in the canoe section. They are made by Seattle sports. If you go to their website they will email you the nearest retailer. Pretty cool.