Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Excess chatter on x35 coil, but new x35 is quite

AV-Digger

I have the first issue of the x35 coil, and it is still chatty when detecting. I have a new x35 coil I changed over to while detecting and it was quite and a pleasure to use. Anyone else have chatter issues on the early x35 coils? I plan on sending the chatty coil in to get fixed or replaced.

[size=medium]If, in fact, there is an issue with the earlier X35 coils, I wonder is there is a way to determine which is which? Perhaps by serial #, or date of purchase?[/size]

I thought I had the same issue with my 11 inch X35. It is one of the very early one's when you could only buy it as an add on when purchasing a new detector which is what I did in July of 2018.

Anyway to the subject at hand. My X35 coil was extremely chatty when I first started but then I was a brand new Deus user and had much to learn. Eventually I found that when I was away from EMI sources I could crank the sensitivity way into the 90's and it would behave real nice. Even in the real chatty areas going to a higher frequency would quiet things down a great deal. So there are a couple of things to try.

However if you are comparing the coils in the exact same area with the same settings then there probably is something to the coil it'self. I will be interested in seeing what you find.

Jerry

Jerry-Wi said:
However if you are comparing the coils in the exact same area with the same settings then there probably is something to the coil it'self. I will be interested in seeing what you find.

Jerry

That is what concerns me is the same location with the same program. The only difference between the two x35 coils is one is the 13x11 and the other is the 11. I was out and the coil would not quiet down and I used it till lunch break. I swapped coils and it was a night and day difference. I detected the afternoon while the other coil fully charged. Towards the end of the day I went back to test it once again with the same program and I would get chatter noise throughout the swing.

Additionally, I thought it was strange that the newly purchased 11 the box was marked to be used with 5.2.

I would think that the 11x13 X35 would be more sensitive to EMI being a larger coil and all.
I don't have one so I can't test my theory.

one thing I learned the very hard way is the DUES loves EMI and I mean loves it!
Dog fences? forget about that property! Strong WiFi? Yup forget that one as well, the dues is a very sensitive machine once properly learned how to use I think it's still one of the best machines on the market.

The one issue I've found with my Deus is being all wireless its subject to a lot of interference power line even my Equinox hunting by a friend using a Deus his machine goes nuts so anytime I'm hunting where power lines are and EMI is bad I just use my Nox

When i got my x35 was still linked to 4.1. Had to immediately update to 5.2. Way i found out was that custom programs can't be saved in 4.1. After upgrade no problem. "old x35" now pretty quiet though the HP's are still quieter. HH

Have any of you tried to lower the sensitivity and turn up the TX boost to eliminate some of the EMI? I agree on the Nox and EMI.

Bob38 said:
Have any of you tried to lower the sensitivity and turn up the TX boost to eliminate some of the EMI? I agree on the Nox and EMI.

I’m pretty sure in my situation that the 11x13 coil is probably defective. When I immediately change coils with the same program everything goes back to being quite. Thanks.