Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Exciting Place to Hunt

daddyflea

I was told of a good sounding place to hunt by a friend. I contacted the Owner who told me the place had been used for an Annual Fair. I was told that President Roosevelt once attended the Fair to watch a Balloon Race. Supposedly one of the Balloons got loose and landed in the Brazos River.

This place was founded in 1850 and had a School there that closed in 1964. Also had a Baseball field where a Pro Team once played locals and was told Locals eventually lost but put on a very close game.

The local Gymnasium was used as a Roller Skating rink for a short time. I got permission to hunt there about 15 years ago but never had over an hour or so to hunt. Found a few coins and I don't remember dates.

I started looking for the current Owner and when I found him, I actually knew him. He took me back to the place and I was dumbfounded. All the buildings had been Bulldozed down. I was told the foundations were so thick that they were left in place. He showed me where each building stood.

This place looked like a well manicured park. I was told that in the last 15 years only one person had tried to Metal Detect this place and left after he found a snake.

I can not wait to hit this spot.

Still need a partner? Sounds like a great spot.

Howdy Daddyflea--

That sounds like a great hunting site. I'm looking forward to seeing some good old silver and maybe some gold! Best of luck and...

Happy Hunting!
Blind Squirrel

PS Good luck for you that the previous "detectorist" was afraid of these little guys!

Blind Squirrel said:
Howdy Daddyflea--

That sounds like a great hunting site. I'm looking forward to seeing some good old silver and maybe some gold! Best of luck and...

Happy Hunting!
Blind Squirrel

PS Good luck for you that the previous "detectorist" was afraid of these little guys!

My biggest fear right now is how much bulldozing was done. Check out this link as well. I am willing to bet this is the same area or place http://www.texasescapes.com/TexasGhostTowns/PerryTexas.htm This stuff is very interesting to me.

Sure wanted to hunt this place today but just too wet.

n/t

Hunted this place a while today. Found one coin. A 1935D Wheat. Did not get to hunt a lot my Detector was acting up and it took me a while to get it settled in.