Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Exoskeleton... What do you use when the back is 'shot'???

nwdetectorist

Exoskeleton

Several years ago I briefly owned a Minelab Pro-Swing 45 Harness.
I found it to be somewhat bulky but did do the job of taking most of the strain off my back.
Because I only owned this for a short period, I did not get a chance to figure out how it really worked.
Currently I am using the DetectorPro Detecting Pal which takes much of the strain off my shoulder, but seems to concentrate it on my back.

Any ideas, suggestions or products recommended will be greatly appreciated.

thanks

Attachments

• Pro-Swing 45.jpg
    Pro-Swing 45.jpg
    192.4 KB · Views: 110
  • DetectorPro Detecting Pal.jpeg
    DetectorPro Detecting Pal.jpeg
    104.4 KB · Views: 119
  • Nokta Makro for Invenio.jpg
    Nokta Makro for Invenio.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 119
  • Generic from eBay.jpg
    Generic from eBay.jpg
    201.9 KB · Views: 102
The trick with the Pro Swing (and this is for everybody)....you HAVE to put aside 20-30 minutes to get it fitted EXACTLY right. It has many adjustments to fit many people, they have to be used to “dial it in”. The rod has to be set just right to be effective, and the bungee has to be set in a neutral position so that the machine “floats”. The other fitment straps and buckles also need to be perfect for maximum effectiveness. It takes time, you have to adjust it, put the machine on it, take it for a walk...repeat til it’s perfect. It can be quite a bit of screwing around, but the time is worth it if you want the weight to be distributed as well as it can be. Ideally, you want the weight to be carried by the hips, though some will be carried by the back. It’s definitely not a ”fix all” solution, but it can help to extend your outings.

Thanks IDXMonster
Your advice is sage and I will keep this in mind.