Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Experienced Deus AND v3i users, a question

For those of you who know me, I have had great luck with CW relic hunting using the whites XLT (with our settings) and now the Nokta FORS CoRe, and I love em both. For simplicity and detecting abilities for relics.

And now my questionn stems for these 2...Deus with 11 inch coil vs whites v3i with the new detech 13 inch ultimate coil.

If you did 80% or greater of your detecting time looking for relics, and maybe 20% for park coin shooting in parks, old house sites, etc, WHICH machine WOULD YOU CHOOSE, and WHY?

My understanding is that I can get other "summer type wireless" headphones for either machine, now that it is hot outside. AND MY THOUGHT process is to go with the v3i, and "transfer" our tried and true special relic program to the v3i. But my buddy just got a Deus with 9 inch coil and loves it as well, although I have no experience in the Deus personally.

I would sell the ETPro (never used and only got it for my wife, but she never used it), sell the XLT with our specialized relic program in it, and possible depart with the FORS CoRe, and get one of the other 2 machines...the v3i... our Deus.

What would YOU DO, IF YOU WERE IN MY SHOES? I welcome ALL input and suggestions, but would LOVE to hear from those whose have first hand knowledge on both.

Thank you in advance,
Bubba

To me that is a tough question I have both and think they compliment each other well. I do not have the Detech 13 for the V3i so I cannot speak for it. I really enjoy my V3i but the majority of my hunting is coin and jewelry. The good and the bad is that the V is the most adjustable detector out there good because you can adjust it for most any type of hunting and site condition and bad because it frustrates some and some just never get a handle on its adjustability. The Deus is a great machine and also very adjustable but much easier to understand. It is light and easy to swing and works well in iron. I honestly can't give you much advice as I enjoy both machines and use them equally. Your mileage may vary. Good luck you cannot go wrong with either machine. If you go with the V3i get it bought soon as the free Detech 13" with purchase is ending soon I have heard. Good luck!

Shortcut1224

Thank you shortcut1224, that was a good response. Hopefully others will chime in also

Bubba

Adding other coils to the Deus will cost you out the wazz-oo compared to the coils for the V3i. Btw, a friend of mine has Deus and has used the 9" coil for years, but just recently had the 11" coil for a period of time. The 11" coil didn't get enough more depth to even notice. I've read that elsewhere as well.

I would lean toward the V3i for relics. The Deus is "hot" in general coin shooting. The depth is a question mark though.

Thank you 5900 xl-1. Maybe I'll post a new question to try to get input on the new 13 inch coil on the v3i