Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

EXPERIENCED EXCAL USERS WHO HAVE TRIED OUT THE WHITES BEACH-HUNTER ID:

Guys & Gals, I'm looking for FEEDBACK on COMPARING the EXCAL to the WHITES BEACH-HUNTER ID!! Interested in how DIFFICULT to MANUALLY
Ground Balance the WHITES BEACH-HUNTER ID!! How would you COMPARE the DEPTH of the EXCAL to the BEACH-HUNTER ID?
Also, what do you think of the BEACH-HUNTER ID's Tone ID? Curious minds WANT TO KNOW!! Many THANKS for taking the time, Les

iv used both and found the BHID not as deep as the Excal. the Excal was about 4" deeper.also the tone ID on the BHID was not trust worthy .the lights were much better than the tone as an ID. over all i liked the Excal much better.

I own both and there is no comparison between the 2. Excal is deeper, coil does not float, much easier to swing in the water, better tones. On the plus side for the BH 300 is the light set up-I use it for night hunting the dry/wet sand although it loves bottle caps and is heavy but I use a harness.
My main concern on the BH is the flimsy tabs that they use on the coil to support the shaft and I personally know of 3 hunters who have had theirs break. When compared to the Excal, Infinium or Sea Hunter MK2 (which I also have) the tabs are about 1/3 the thickness. Since Whites uses the same coil on the BH as it does the DF I doubt there will B a change any time soon

I have been detecting for 36 years. I have only 7 months with the Excal II and it broke. Since i sold my Fisher 1280X (16 yrs) I was able to borrow a BHID to use. I have about 14 hrs under my belt and I am not impressed with it thus far. Ground balance is not all that easy. I just found a tip online that says it the best way he has found to do it.I have not tryed it yet! I find that sweep speed has to be reduced with the BHID as if you miss a target by not going directly over it you miss it. With the Excal if your near it you'll hear a tone increase and stop to find it. This could be 8 inches away from the pin pointed spot! I did find that all metal mode on the BHID id the only way to hunt as you do get a better area under to coil to find targets. The hum will happen if your near a target but not like the Excal.

Buried Crap NJ said:
I have been detecting for 36 years. I have only 7 months with the Excal II and it broke. Since i sold my Fisher 1280X (16 yrs) I was able to borrow a BHID to use. I have about 14 hrs under my belt and I am not impressed with it thus far. Ground balance is not all that easy. I just found a tip online that says it the best way he has found to do it.I have not tryed it yet! I find that sweep speed has to be reduced with the BHID as if you miss a target by not going directly over it you miss it. With the Excal if your near it you'll hear a tone increase and stop to find it. This could be 8 inches away from the pin pointed spot! I did find that all metal mode on the BHID id the only way to hunt as you do get a better area under to coil to find targets. The hum will happen if your near a target but not like the Excal.[/quote

Seems like they all break more often than in the past (I sold my 1280x that was over 20 years old ) I have been hunting since early 60's
Got an excal in the shop now, hunt with another and have another for a back up! Down here in FL we hunt 4-6 days a week year round and they R gonna break sooner or later

Well, I guess I'm going to have to DEPEND ON my CZ-20, as a PRIMARY BACK-UP!! I have been using it for the last (3) hunts, and I
am becoming MORE COMFORTABLE with it!! If MINELAB would ONLY build their EXCALS with BETTER QUALITY!! THANKS, Les

Pretty much there is nothing out there that will match the Excal or Sovereign in depth under all ground conditions and mineral content. PI units can get deeper but of course with just about zero discrimination ability on targets. (Moved the rest of this message to a new thread)